200 Hackensack Avenue
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Bergen County Academies Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Bergen County Academies Reviews
Review Bergen County Academies
I'm currently a senior at Bergen County Academies in Culinary. One of the few in the academy that actually likes cooking. The school in my opinion wasn't worth it, the colleges don't really care about the fancy school you went to or that all your classes were honors, AP, or IB. It is harder to keep up a high gpa and many of the teachers don't actually know how to teach so you end up teaching yourself much of the material. The atmosphere also isn't that of a typical high school, typical high schooler things are frowned upon and the eight hour days are killer. If you enjoy academic challenges and research this school is an amazing opportunity, it just wasn't right for me.
Clubs and things of that nature are great, but generally sports aren't very well respected or attended. However, the boys soccer team is generally pretty good, a lot better than football at least! School runs late, so all activities that would usually be after school are before or during the school day. Wednesdays last hour is when you have clubs. Depending on which club you choose, it can be fun or just a time for homework. There's tons of options, so you should be able to find something you like!
There is a lot of superficial diversity. Overall, one of my best friends put it the best, people here are boring. The type of student that comes here doesn't necessarily have a race or sexual orientation, but is certainly one-dimensional. People here enter interesting and become assimilated into the climate of self-absorption and all of a sudden become robots that are just studying, running clubs, and never really breaking the rules or being children. The administration encourages this, too. This also leads to a conservative climate. You are allowed to be queer, as long as you never question the sex-ed curriculum and you fall in line with school politics. You can't question gender relations (which are bad). You can't explore radical politics. No matter where your political views loom, it is almost always assumed that you are going to be ambitious and plan to have a career within mainstream society and be a reformer. If you don't fit that personality, you will have a hard time existing.