Beresford High School is an above average, public school located in Beresford, SD. It has 225 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Beresford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+47 Students
- B44 Students
- A-21 Students
- B18 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B8 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Beresford High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Beresford High School
Beresford High School Reviews
I really enjoy going to school here! All of my teachers are incredibly nice, helpful, and supportive. Most teachers will go out of their way to help a student to succeed, whether it is for college applications or just on how to do the lesson that we learned that day. I love the community that is offered there. I really enjoy going to school and I like the environment that is cultivated here.
The staff are super friendly and helpful. I was a cheerleader all 4 years of my high school career. The booster club never helped the cheerleaders with anything and always expected us to do whatever they said. If it was for any other sport they would pay for everything. For example pay for hotel rooms for wrestling during state, pay for new uniforms and warmups and duffle bags for every sport except cheer, and never help with cheer fundraisers after saying they would but they'd help all the other sports fundraise. They don't support the arts. For example all 3 years I went to All-State Choir they never offered to help pay for hotel costs. If students are failing a class or having missing work they can't play in the games. My school lets this rule slide. The star player of the team gets to play with failing grades, while failing the class. I hope Beresford will focus on academics and the arts soon.
The atmosphere at Beresford is very friendly and close. As it is a small school in a small town, everyone knows everyone. The majority of the teachers are fantastic and well-liked. Also, with it being a small school their are more opportunities to get involved in different activities.