Berea-Midpark High School is an above average, public school located in Berea, OH. It has 1,428 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Berea-Midpark High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B203 Students
- A+148 Students
- B134 Students
- A-118 Students
- C+109 Students
- B-106 Students
- B99 Students
- B+94 Students
- A82 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Berea-Midpark High School
- B+North Olmsted High School
- North Olmsted City School District, OH
- 161 reviews
- A-Lakewood High School
- Lakewood City School District, OH
- 224 reviews
- A-Cuyahoga Heights High School
- Cuyahoga Heights Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Fairview High School
- Fairview Park City School District, OH
- 62 reviews
Berea-Midpark High School Reviews
The best quality of Berea-Midpark High school is that the teachers are truly dedicated to student success. The teachers are always willing to put in extra effort to make sure their students are understanding concepts and learning the material. Another great quality is how hard the guidance counselors work to prepare seniors for college. They excel at getting students the necessary resources and information to get them into the college that fits them best. In addition, I have always felt safe inside my high school. Our faculty members have been trained to protect us from any outside threat at a time where school shootings are quite common. The student body knows exactly what to do in this kind of situation because of our great administration. One critique I have about my high school is that it is old and therefore the facilities are in poor condition. There are many ceilings and walls that are in need of repair. That said, I would still highly recommend my high school to anyone.
Berea-Midpark is a very large high school with a wide diversity of students. In 2020-2021, a new high school will replace the old one. Several teachers have challenged and inspired me along the way. One thing I would like to see change is bullying within the school. It would be great if administration could put together an anti-bullying club that consist of student role models because I believe that’s where it starts. Everyone admires them and if they were encouraged to get on board, I believe it would make a big difference. They can have monthly activities and pair them up with someone that has different interests. I would also like to change the nepotism within the school.
Overall, I like Berea-Midpark. Of course, like any school, there are bad teachers, and bad experiences with the administration. There are major problems with schedules at the beginning of every school year. Our athletic director treats every team except for the football team like garbage. Some of the guidance counselors are also terrible. Now about the good things. There are a ton of fun clubs and classes for pretty much any interest a person could have. I take part in band year-round and the program is excellent. I also enjoy the school-wide activities that take place, like homecoming and Clash Of The Titans. It's not the worst school ever, but there are some improvements that could be made to make Berea-Midpark even better.