Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesD
Benzie Central Senior High School is a public, magnet school located in Benzonia, MI. It has 415 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Benzie Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+82 Students
- C+77 Students
- A76 Students
- B-59 Students
- B51 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-42 Students
- B+38 Students
- A32 Students
- B27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Benzie Central Senior High School Reviews
Benzie Central High School has very good teachers, an excellent selection of honors and AP classes, and constantly prepares its students for college. The school’s culture and spirit are strong. It has excellent sports programs, theater programs, and several clubs that allow students to expand their experiences and collaborate with other students. The school and it’s students are very academically successful. I personally really like everything that they offer and everything that I do, and I know and trust that they are successfully preparing me for college.
It was a nice school. Since there are few schools in the area, most of the people went here. The culture itself is alright, with spirit week and other school assemblies. I'm not very involved, so it doesn't matter much to me. There are very good opportunities for students, as the school is partnered with the Career Tech Center for all the trade students, and also with Northwestern Michigan College for students looking to dual enroll. The food isn't great, but whatever. The teachers are mostly nice, helpful, and pushing you to learn, though some can be mean sometimes. Overall, I would recommend it over any of the other schools in our area.
There are many thing I'd like to see improved at Benzie. The food, its mostly premade and warmed up, but any noodle dish is over or under cooked, and the pizza is doughy. I'd also like to see an advance in the science rooms, anything we did in chemistry came from the teachers pocket because the school wouldn't cover it. Finally I'd like to see a change in the hallways, and locker storage, since it's always crowded.