Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Benton Community Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Van Horne, IA. It has 471 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Benton Community Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A92 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+66 Students
- A60 Students
- B50 Students
- B+34 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Benton Community Senior High School
Benton Community Senior High School Reviews
I liked how throughout my school years I had many opportunities to participate in extra curricular activities and didn’t have to try out to be on the sports teams. The teachers have always been helpful and understanding as well. The only thing I do not like about the school is the size of the district and how far away my house is from the high school. All factors combined it has been a great school to attend!
I attended Benton Community Senior High School for the last two years. I will be graduating from there in May 2020. I have enjoyed school here and am proud to be called a Bobcat. My parents and my step-father all went to school here and graduated from there. I will miss it here but know that I will always be welcomed back. The only thing I would recommend is the communication the administration and teachers communicate with parents.
My experience at Benton Community School District has been an overall positive one. Why is that? The education there is very educational in most subjects. Yes, there may be one or two teachers that students find difficult to learn from, but from those teachers is where I learn the most from, because then I have to use all my resources to find the answer. The extra-curriculars are very competitive, and throughout my four years in Benton(at least once), all the activities that I know of have placed high in state level events. The facilities are well maintained, and is extremely modern. I have personally played a role in keeping Benton up to date in the latest technology. (iPads, Desktops, Projectors, Smart Boards and Virtual Reality Headsets) There is not much diversity because we are a big school district in a rural area, but the minorities know each other well. I am good friends with most of the colored students in my grade.