Bentley School Reviews

Bentley School offers unique and interesting courses taught by teachers that are dedicated to seeing their students succeed. Compared to similar High Schools in the area, Bentley does not send students to schools as competitive as their peers from schools like Head Royce and College Prep. While the teachers at Bentley are great and supportive, the administration is a major drawback. Each year a significant amount of teachers leave Bentley to work elsewhere, most citing the administration as the reason for them leaving. The administration prioritizes the way that Bentley appears to prospective parents over the wishes of the student body and teachers.
The academics and community are great at Bentley School, and have prepared me very well for the collegial experience. However, the administration (not including the head of school) can be overprotective and restrictive towards student empowerment as well as freedom of opinion.
I have had a great time over my four years at the Bentley school. Making awesome friends and amazing teachers, the educational and social experience that Bentley offers is the prime reason to attend here. The problem I have with Bentley, however, I have with its administration. Since my freshman year, many of the teachers that I began with have left the school, some citing a lack of respect from the administration as the reason. Although most of the new teachers that have filled their vacancies are equally amazing, it is a bit unfortunate when one of your favorite teachers leaves the school unexpectedly. It also feels as though the administration puts more priority on the image of the school than the will of the students, with some classes frequently being interrupted by parent tours. Overall, my academic experience at the Bentley School has been very satisfying and enriching, but my brushes with the administration have been anything but.
Start Your Review of Bentley School
The bentley school is a great academic institution which offers a phenomenal array of athletic activities, classes, & clubs. The teachers care deeply about the students’ well being and academic experience. The school’s administration does a great job running the school. The facilities and cafeteria are unparalleled. All in all, there is no comparison.
As a high school senior, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bentley. I entered in 9th grade and have loved my time at the high school. The teachers here are truly passionate about their subjects and bring excitement and curiosity into every class. The sports teams are led by excellent coaches who always have the best interest of players in mind. The only downside of the school is the administration, which oftentimes suppressing the voices of the youth on campus in regards to student activism. However, I would recommend Bentley to any perspective student.
My lifelong enrollment at Bentley has prepared me for my pursuit of higher education, particularly with its history and English seminars. The upper school has a prosperous community full of students supporting each other. Additionally, the staff who work here devote precious time and effort to keep the school safe, clean, and efficient. I will graduate this summer, but the journey continues for years to come.
Bentley has done a great job at preparing me for college. The courses here are challenging but the teachers want students to be successful in our classes and help students excel.
I have had a wonderful time at Bentley and I feel that the school has done an excellent job at preparing me for college. The teachers are caring and dedicating to my learning, which coupled with the school's strong curriculum has set me up for success.
I initially went to Bentley High School because my sister went and it would make transportation easier but after four years of attending I found much more than I expected. At first I wished there were honors english courses my freshman and sophmore year, but when I reached junior year and attended the seminar program my mind was changed for the better. I realized that the groundwork laid down by the freshman and sophmore year classes prepared me and my classmates for a more focused, difficult english class. I ended up doubling up in my english classes for both junior and senior year as the teachers and coursework were extremely engaging and educational.
I really enjoyed the academics and teachers at this school. At this school the connection between the teachers and the students are amazing. I have created lasting bonds between mostly all of my teachers. I have enjoyed the people at the school and have built amazing friendships. This schools academics really pushes people to achieve the most you can. Additionally, there are classes that are really fun and you can just laugh in all day. The only downside to this school is the school's administration. They make it so that the teachers have no say in what happens at the school. And the students idea are pushed down and not supported. However, I love the current head of school Dr. Walker. He is so fun and insights fun and joy at the school.
The teachers at Bentley make the school what it is. The teachers are dedicated, hard-working, and care about their students. They make sure that their students learn the material and they make learning interesting. The academics at Bentley also are a stand-out. You receive a well-rounded education and learn how to think critically for yourself. The material makes you think and pushes you to do the best can. However, the administration at Bentley makes it so that teachers don't have a say. A lot of teachers have left, forced by the administration's hand to teach more classes or change their teaching style.
I was interested in math and science from the beginning, more specifically engineering, and Bentley School provides a great environment to hone skills not only in math and science but all subjects. Students can pick and choose their classes to their liking and skill level, ensuring comfortability no matter who they are. The jazz program is fantastic and the upper-level English and History courses are great as well.
Bentley School's teachers and College counseling staff are unparalleled. Every single member of the teaching staff is personally invested in each individual student's success and happiness in school. They all cater to personal needs and make you feel supported while providing a strong and rigorous academic environment. College counseling is absolutely the same. I would not have survived first trimester of senior year with any other college counselor.
I wanna cry bro, I hate annotations, and it truly never ends. But I'm a competitive child so I rated everything 5 stars. gO pHeOniX!
Because of Bentley's small class sizes, it is easy for students to communicate with teachers. The overall school culture is pretty hectic and competitive, making it hard for students to maintain good study habits. Faculty also tend to change frequently making it hard for students to form meaningful relationships with the teachers despite being given the environment to.
Appreciate Academic environment suited to our child's individual needs,
diverse student body, preparedness for college and athletic program.
Bentley is a fantastic school with a highly involved student community. The school offers a plethora of student led clubs and organizations. Additionally, the school's extracurricular programs such as engineering and theatre are very well endowed. Teachers at the school are devoted to helping their students prepare for college and treat them like adults. The new cafeteria is fantastic too!
Start Your Review of Bentley School
Bentley is a great school that will give students a place to find their niche (no pun intended) and really thrive. The classes are small, the teachers and students are kind, and the community is filled with opportunity.
Attending Bentley was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The community allowed to grow and thrive by creating a safe space in which I felt comfortable being myself. The campus is small but beautiful. The academics are great, especially the humanities. Bentley prepared me exceptionally well for my college courses.
Excellent learning environment which fosters creativity, confidence, and integrity into every student. Amazing facilities and faculty on campus. Bentley students are very well prepared for college and the school offers an exceptional college counseling program; which guides students through the process.