COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our goal is to remain alert, responsive, and nimble as we continue to refine our opening plans. While current public health circumstances evolve, we are thoughtfully preparing for both remote learning and on-campus instruction. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B
Celebrating 100 years of excellence in learning, Bentley is a K-12 co-ed, independent day school with beautiful campuses in Oakland (K-8) & Lafayette (9-12).
From kindergarten to the threshold of college, Bentley students enjoy transformative learning leading to lives of purpose and success. With teachers, mentors, advisors, and coaches who value a balance of intellect and character, students participate in unique academic, service, leadership, arts, athletics, and other opportunities, encouraging one another to become their best selves.
Visit our website and school to learn more about Bentley's K-12 program. We look forward to meeting you and learning more about the talents and aspirations you and your child may bring to the Bentley community.
Last Day of School for K-8
Last Day of School for 9-12
Class of 2021 Commencement
Bentley School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+94 Students
- grade A+77 Students
- grade A+65 Students
- grade A52 Students
- grade A52 Students
- grade A48 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade B+41 Students
Celebrating 100 Years
Founded in 1920, today’s Bentley proudly welcomes 700 students representing 74 zip codes. Embracing a vision of transformative learning and a culture of excellence, Bentley still holds the values of its founders while offering cutting edge programs on two beautiful campuses. With rich enhancements in course offerings, we are preparing today’s students for bright futures.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- Spirit Night17%
- Bentley Fest15%
- Our school is not very social or spirited.8%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 19 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C+
Bentley School Reviews
- Terrible high level school leaders/administration (see Glassdoor). I have zero idea why the school board has allowed this for so long.
- High teacher turnover due to above. The GREAT teachers leave (because of poor treatment). They should do more to keep the great teachers. We are then left with the bad teachers- until they eventually get fired (which takes too long)
- They have terrible internet at the high school. During remote (covid period) this is ridiculous.
- Not enough AP classes for the high school. This leaves kids as not competitive when comparing to kids from other schools for college admission.
To be clear, they do occasionally have some wonderful staff, teachers and college counselors. The issue is that all the great ones often leave.
To all the great teachers who have stayed: THANK YOU! We all appreciate you and our kids appreciate and love you!!