Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Benson Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Benson, MN. It has 342 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Benson Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- A10 Students
- B9 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-4 Students
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Benson Secondary School Reviews
Drugs are a huge problem in the school and it needs to be addressed. I wouldn't recommend anybody to send their children to Benson if you can help it. I recommend KMS instead.
The school focuses a lot of money and attention on major sports, like basketball and football. However, sports like track & field, tennis, cross country, and golf get a lot less attention even when those sports are having great seasons. We have average school spirit. Football typically has the highest student attendance, basketball usually has quiet a few students, but other sports typically have a low student attendance. Our weight room is small and some of the equipment is broken or outdated.
Typically, there are two 'hot' lunch options, a salad bar, a sandwich option, and a soup. There is a wide variety of foods, but unhealthy options, like chicken nuggets or hotdogs are still occasionally served.