Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Bennington Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Bennington, NE. It has 673 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Bennington Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B97 Students
- A-94 Students
- A-37 Students
- A32 Students
- B+30 Students
- C+27 Students
- B25 Students
- A-24 Students
- C+21 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Bennington Secondary School
- B+Gretna High School
- Gretna Public Schools, NE
- 210 reviews
- B+Blair High School
- Blair Community Schools, NE
- 138 reviews
- B+Fort Calhoun High School
- Fort Calhoun Community Schools, NE
- 37 reviews
- BDouglas County West High School
- Douglas County West Community Schools, NE
- 105 reviews
Bennington Secondary School Reviews
I recently moved to Bennington unexpectedly for my senior year, Bennington has been very welcoming and has challenged my in many more ways than I have been before academically. I would definitely encourage people in this area to attend Bennington if they had the option because I feel as if their education and programs offered as extra-curricular activities are outstanding. Getting an education at Bennington is something people should prize and be proud of. The staff has been very supportive and helpful throughout my transition as well.
I have been in the Bennington School district since I was in kindergarten, allowing me to stay with the same group of friends throughout the years. Bennington has taught me to be on top of my studies, with the grading scale being higher than most schools. The school has taught me to branch out, making new friends with people at other schools, to become a more diverse person. The teachers are amazing at their jobs, making you actually feel as if you’re a person, not a student, being lectured at the whole day. The teachers at Bennington actually care how their students are doing, and care to listen to their students’ issues. Bennington Secondary School taught me many life lessons throughout my six years at the school. It provided me with many opportunities to expand my views and it allowed me to be the person I am today.
Since I was a transfer student from a larger district, I was shocked to see the lack of other opportunities. Very few honour classes where offered, and very few elective classes were offered. It really limited me and forced me to drop some of the elective I had been taking for years before going to Bennington. There was not a whole lot of diversity within the student body. Overall, it wasn't a bad high school experience, but I think I would have grown more in a larger school district.