Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ben Davis High School is an above average, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 3,236 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Ben Davis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A810 Students
- B622 Students
- A+538 Students
- C+458 Students
- B422 Students
- A-345 Students
- B230 Students
- C+176 Students
- B127 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 194 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Schools like Ben Davis High School
- BBen Davis University High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township, IN
- 205 reviews
- B+Lawrence North High School
- Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township, IN
- 595 reviews
- BSouthport High School
- Metropolitan School District of Perry Township, IN
- 317 reviews
- B-Warren Central High School
- Metropolitan School District of Warren Township, IN
- 723 reviews
Ben Davis High School Reviews
I love the diversity! High school experience was great, I would have loved to experience my senior year but they are doing everything they can to give us a normal school year with COVID-19 in mind. Ben Davis faculty is doing a good job with making sure the students are going to be safe at school. Even before COVID-19 the school was a safe place to be and very clean. 10/10!
While attending Ben Davis High School, I matured over time. I joined as many clubs as I could and made friends with everyone. I enjoyed my time there and was given multiple opportunities. I was a very good student and very social as well. Although I love my school, I believe there could be a few changes to the school. I believe the school police officers could be given better training. There have been multiple times where I was in a situation that could have been prevented. Friends of mine have been harassed by the police officers for just partially looking suspicious. I understand that when it comes to schools, you have to protect children and serve your community by protecting those children, however, there's a line you cross when you accuse a good student of lying, being rude, and being a bad student. Overall, my school experience with this school has been okay. Nothing more and nothing less.
Our choice to enroll our kids at Ben Davis came after researching the AP/Honors courses available compared to other private high schools in the area. We knew the rich AP course offerings (20+ classes) coupled with the diverse student body were perfect for our family. And the decision has proven fruitful! Our kids were able to take advantage of the great academics, theatre/music programs, and strong athletic teams. Most importantly, our children experienced an environment where students from all socioeconomic statuses, ethnicities, religions, and experiences came together. We wanted our children to have a "real world" school experience, not one where they were placed in a homogenous bubble of students. Ben Davis was just that and prepared our children to go into their universities and careers with the ability to move through and feel comfortable in different spaces and communities with ease. This understanding is the foundation to empathy and collaboration that we need in this world.