Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Ben C. Rain High School is a public school located in Mobile, AL. It has 686 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- C100 Students
- C-89 Students
- A-86 Students
- A85 Students
- B-71 Students
- A64 Students
- B57 Students
- B+56 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Ben C. Rain High School Reviews
For me it was a difficult school, the teachers are nice, however they had issues in recent years when it came to hiring teachers. They didn’t have a drivers ed teacher last year, so many students simply had to read the book which they would hand out. The school also had many behavioral problems when it came to the students. The staff were usually busy, so sometimes papers would get lost and you wouldn’t get required information or grades. You would have to remind the staff in order to get required paperwork if this were to happen, and it would usually take a weak if you were lucky. Other than those few mishaps though, the school was really fun to go to!
Ben C. Rain is a very underrated and misunderstood high school in Mobile,Alabama. The school is very adequate when it comes to preparing for the act and helping students understand the severity of the test. I honestly would pick no other school besides Ben C. Rain because yes indeed it does have cons for example occasional behavior problems from students and also being on the failing school list but, the pros are greater in numbers. Things like the school has it’s very own Aerospace and Aviation program supported by Airbus inc. as well as great staff and administration. The staff try their best to provide as many careers choices as possible for students. Administrators try their best to resolve disputes between students and even parents to keep a positive learning environment for students.
B C. Rain is a great school to go to, and i'm glad I went there. It's more like a family rather than a school. Although it is a public school ; the work is still challenging. The AP teachers really care about their students. I cant speak for the regular teachers, but the AP teachers are amazing. The AP work really gives you a feel on college.