Belvidere High School is a public school located in BELVIDERE, NJ. It has 470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Belvidere High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A34 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+26 Students
- A25 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Belvidere High School
- BWarren Hills Regional High School
- Warren Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 197 reviews
- BHackettstown High School
- Hackettstown Public School District, NJ
- 218 reviews
- BNorth Warren Regional High School
- Public School
- Blairstown, NJ
- 97 reviews
- B-Bangor Area High School
- Bangor Area School District, PA
- 162 reviews
Belvidere High School Reviews
One of the best parts of going to a small school like BHS is the personal feeling that you get. It is easy to discuss questions with teachers, everyone knows each other, and students are very much involved in the operating of the school. Students run many of the events, and through clubs such as Student Advocates, or even as an individual, the administrators and teachers will listen to any concerns or ideas and work with you to make changes. Although we may not have the latest tech or textbooks, (most of) the teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful in class. I am very grateful that I got to attend BHS, as opposed to a big high school where you are "just another number".
Belvidere is a cute, small knit community with a lot of pride! When I first moved to the area I was overwhelmed with its rural area and small school. The schools culture grew on me and I got to appreciate the beauty of the unity the students and faculty shared!
During my four years at Belvidere high I've had the time of my life. The school spirit at Belvidere is unlike any other school. Almost the whole student body will attend every sporting event to show support for their school. Belvidere is also a very small high school with only 500 students in total. Due to this, our education is very much like a private schools, lots of one on one time. In addition to that, our teachers are the kindest and warmest people around.