Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Belton New Tech High School at Waskow is a highly rated, public school located in Belton, TX. It has 521 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Belton New Tech High School at Waskow Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+74 Students
- A+74 Students
- B+54 Students
- A53 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+42 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Belton New Tech High School at Waskow
- A-Belton High School
- Belton Independent School District, TX
- 345 reviews
- B-Troy High School
- Troy Independent School District, TX
- 70 reviews
- B-Moody High School
- Moody Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- A-Academy High School
- Academy Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
Belton New Tech High School at Waskow Reviews
I can confidently speak that my time at Belton New Tech has allowed me to grow and obtain the skills and experiences necessary to be prepared for the next step in life. The most notable attributes to my school is the culture between peers, the student and teacher mentor ship, and the resources they’ve provided us to aid our learning. We are recognized as “A No Place for Hate” school. Not only do students get a long together, but the teachers truly mold a great learning environment. New Tech is kin to a large family, and as a family I’ve known for the last four years of my schooling, I know they provide the best they can in their students learning. The only downfall is our lack of facilities. It’d be great for the community of our school if we were growing our facilities!
I love my school. My school is hands on project based learning. We are taught through projects rather than worksheets. Through these projects, we develop real world skills like public speaking, working well in a group, innovation, and problem solving. The culture of my school is amazing as well. The teachers actually develop relationships with the students and show that they care about us as a person and not just a student. Overall, New Tech is one large family encouraging and preparing students for the real world.
New tech's environment is unlike anything I have ever seen before. Everyone is extremely friendly, open to new ideas, and the sense of community is stressed for any incoming freshman or upperclassman at this school. It focuses on Project Based Learning (PBL) in order to prepare its students for college and then the real world.