Belton High School is an above average, public school located in Belton, MO. It has 1,367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Belton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+181 Students
- A-146 Students
- B139 Students
- B115 Students
- B112 Students
- NG91 Students
- C62 Students
- A-61 Students
- A-59 Students
- B52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Belton High School
- C+Harrisonville High School
- Harrisonville R-IX School District, MO
- 88 reviews
- C+Raytown South High School
- Raytown C-II School District, MO
- 178 reviews
- B+Raymore-Peculiar Senior High School
- Raymore-Peculiar R-II School District, MO
- 283 reviews
- B-Grandview Senior High School
- Grandview C-IV School District, MO
- 200 reviews
Belton High School Reviews
Belton High School has been a wonderful place to attend High School. The teachers there care immensely for their students and do as much as they can to help them with anything they need. The administration there is very well organized and is extremely helpful. The janitors do an amazing job of keeping the school clean, and I love it!
I am very involved with my school and am a part of the girls basketball team, student council, and NHS. I go to many of our football and basketball games. I try to participate in as many events as I can to keep me busy. For the most part, I can tell my teachers enjoy their jobs and really care about mine and my peers' future. I really like how diverse BHS is because there are many people that come from different backgrounds and cultures. I love meeting new people that have had different experiences than me. I am excited for future students at Belton because we are expanding our school by adding a theater, another gym, a swimming pool, and additional classrooms to accommodate our growing town. Our new principals have an amazing vision for the future of our students and I am sad that I won't be a part of it! We have multiple counselors and a college advisor that have helped me with the any questions I have regarding college and furthering my education.
I have really enjoy my experience as Belton High school. I love that they added a theater, pool, gym, and more classrooms. I have had really good teachers throughout my high school career. I currently have a teacher that is a little bit sassy but other than that I have had great experiences my with other teachers. I love that there are teachers that really care about their students. I usually took longer on a test or to read a book and multiple teachers would take time out of their day to let me finish the test after school. They let me take the book home so I can finish it. All they want to do is help students succeed in school and life. I really appreciate that my school is advanced in technology which makes things easier for everyone. Students tend to support each other. At my high school there is little to no bullying. It is rare to see bullying. That's why I rate it 4 out of 5.