Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Beloit Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Beloit, KS. It has 358 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Beloit Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-65 Students
- B46 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Beloit Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Beloit Jr/Sr High School provides there students with many opportunities for success. Their faculty and staff provide a safe learning environment and a wealth of growing experiences. They could improve on how they prepare students for the collegiate world. My personal experience was positive, but how they prepped their students for college was sub-par. Overall, the teaching staff was very knowledgeable about their topics, and provided many opportunities for their students to gain knowledge and skills. However, their ability to engage students in meaningful, collaborative, discussions about topics outside of the high school environment was little to non-existent. I know that there have been some staff changes since I have graduated, and that may change the validity of my review. But my experience was just that, my experience. Beyond the educational side, their extracurricular activities excelled tremendously.
I had the most amazing experience at BHS. My small rural school closed and had to choose a nearby school. They welcomed me with open arms, never judging that I wasn't from Beloit. I graduated with honors with 4.0 because of great Teacher leadership. They were my family. I also was blessed with winning Homecoming queen top 5% of my graduating class, was involved in an amazing StuCo club and the Atheletics was super fun and rewarding.
Beloit Jr. Sr. High School is a wonderful school! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The teachers are the best and will go out of their way to help you to understand what you are doing. The student involvement in clubs and activities is at a 100% right now. The sports team and the band get so much support from the community and from all the students and staff in the high school.