Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Belmont High School is a top rated, public school located in Belmont, MA. It has 1,308 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Belmont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- A242 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+158 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+93 Students
- A-93 Students
- A74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Belmont High School Reviews
I had a perfect, amazing high school experience at Belmont High! I graduated back in 2016. I lived in a little two-family home near PQ park, and attended Butler, then Chenery, then BHS. Kids at the school are generally really nice. I was on the freshman girls soccer team, then swim team. Hockey for 4 years and rugby for my last 2 years. Also,I loved doing chorus all 4 years. The math, science, english, history, and music departments are great! The foreign language department is horrible though. If you make decent grades/try your best, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting into the college of your choice. I was accepted to the Umass Amherst nursing program and honors college. I am so happy that BHS set me up to do great at college. If you are considering moving to Belmont for the schools, I highly recommend it. I'm still best friends with my Belmont friends and we often talk about how grateful we are to have grown up here.
I have traveled a lot and often been the new kid but I felt very welcome at Belmont high school. the kids there are used to new students coming to join the school system. It is however a very competitive school with a variety of grades. I enjoyed my experience and found pockets to hang out with. The English MCAS scores are known for being quite high and they offer a lot of interesting classes and extracurriculars. For example, I am in a neurology class, a social justice by the numbers class, and I have taken many years of chorus. They offer classes in French, latin, Spanish, and Chinese. The school building is very old but they are currently building a new building that will work as the high school and middle school. It is close to the shabby town library and town center that has food and shops. Currently at least, the school has a very strange schedule that I love. Seniors are allowed to leave campus if they want so if you are hungry you can walk to the town center and grab a bagel!
Belmont High School has given me a chance to grow and express myself fully. The teachers are always willing to help and students are very respectful of one another and kind. Although the school is very crowded and small for the exceptional students that go there, a new school will be built soon to hopefully allow for more resources and space for academic studying. Being a Muslim at this school and always standing out, I never feel like I am being judged and I always have skmeone to talk to about my problems whether it is the amazing teacher that choose to listen or the peers that are there for you. Belmont High school has great school spirit and gives all students the opportunity to grow and express themselves. With all the clubs students have the chance to lead and make a change in the school. To have a voice!