Belmont High School is a top rated, public school located in Belmont, MA. It has 1,264 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Belmont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+197 Students
- A179 Students
- A+149 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+73 Students
- A-71 Students
- A61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Belmont High School
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 296 reviews
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 255 reviews
- A+Lexington High School
- Lexington Public Schools, MA
- 311 reviews
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
Belmont High School Reviews
Currently a good experience, academics are very good, teachers are mostly great! Clubs are very nice, most of the are student-run but still very engaging.
Great school for college readiness. Didn't have a great GPA but took pretty hard classes and got into a way better college than my GPA would indicate I could get in to. BHS has its faults through. Food is terrible not sure how it even has three stars lol. You'll make friends, but not everyone will be your friend. Sports teams, teachers are decent. Clubs can be fun but don't always end up meeting that much. Classes are hard and they got rid of homework free weekends which is even worse, and a lot of people are pretty elitist, so if you don't want that kind of culture this isn't the place for you, although it's not as bad as Lexington. But if you want a rigorous school to prepare for college without paying the price of private school, it's not bad. Pretty decent amount of freedom also-frees and open campus (especially as an upperclassmen).Overall I can't wait for graduation, but I guess I'm grateful to have gone here.
Academics as a whole are very good, but it varies by department. The language department teachers are subpar, but the math department's teachers are stellar. The facilities are poor, but the new school plan should sort that out. The reason for the school's academic success is primarily due to the students (who come from above families with high education).