Bellmont Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Decatur, IN. It has 691 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Bellmont Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-95 Students
- B+93 Students
- A+85 Students
- A76 Students
- B24 Students
- A-22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Bellmont Senior High School
- B+Crestview High School
- Crestview Local School District (Convoy), OH
- 42 reviews
- B+South Adams High School
- South Adams Schools, IN
- 91 reviews
- BBluffton High School
- Metropolitan School District of Bluffton-Harrison, IN
- 63 reviews
- BVan Wert High School
- Van Wert City School District, OH
- 74 reviews
Bellmont Senior High School Reviews
Bellmont shines in its academics and student life. With the opportunities of dual-credit and AP classes, I have shaved off almost 2 years of college, and will be able to jump right into my major and minors in college. I am extremely grateful for this. Student life here has also been great, as I have been in show choir, theatre, and cheered. The support from faculty and some students has been amazing. However, Bellmont can also be a place of confusion and inhospitality. So many times administration and faculty treat even those who do nothing wrong with little respect, and there are student issues that are irritating to have to put up with it, since the remedy to most of the problems is to go over the PA and get students where they are supposed to be.
Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Bellmont for the most part but the school itself is very lackluster in the aspect of academics and clubs. We do not offer many clubs and especially don't offer many science courses. As a girl going into STEM, this was very disappointing because I wanted to have more diverse science opportunities other than the basic courses that are required.
Bellmont High school is a good school but they have issues to work on. We have recently become a school of 3 parts. High school, Middle, and Elementary School. The middle school was already there for many years but the elementary was made this last year or so. There are some great teachers and people I love at BHS but Bellmont needs to learn how to deal with the changes. This is the first year though so I hope it improves for future high schoolers.