Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Bellevue East High School is an above average, public school located in Bellevue, NE. It has 1,482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Bellevue East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B301 Students
- grade A minus238 Students
- grade B minus104 Students
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade B+76 Students
- grade B+53 Students
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade C+50 Students
- grade A49 Students
- grade B48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- East/West Football Game24%
- Theater productions20%
- Marching band competitions15%
- Mr. Bellevue East Pageant15%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,614 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Bellevue East High School
- grade A minusBellevue West High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 312 reviews
- grade B minusRalston High School
- Ralston Public Schools, NE
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade B minusThomas Jefferson High School
- Council Bluffs Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 197 reviews
- grade A minusMillard South High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 349 reviews
Bellevue East High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 188 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a great time at Bellevue East, I met my best friends there! There are students from all walks of life, and the counselors and teachers all worked with their students to see them succeed. Although not a very sporty school, the hype around game day was still very real, and being involved in the marching band let me be in pep band and attend all home games. The school is getting a little crowded, but a recent construction project that built new classrooms in one of the common areas is a decent start to combating this issue.
Bellevue East High was a memorable high school. The school has amazing faculty that truly care for the students personably. Although the sports are not top ranked in our state, you will not find another high school in the state with the culture like the one at East. They make sure you are prepped for college and provide many scholarship opportunities. Recently, I have heard of a new principle taking over and making some big changes to the school for the students. It will only get better from there!
Bellevue East High School is probably one of the best school for getting to know yourself and figuring out what you’re good at and what you’ll want to do in the future. They have so many clubs including FBLA, HOSA, GSA, and Key club and those are the very few clubs that is offered there. The teachers and staff there are super awesome and understanding, if anything where to pop up in your personal life they will or will try their hardest to help you and accommodate your needs during those times. Even thought they are a great education system they do still need to fix some areas because nothing is ever perfect. The school food could be doing better, but on the other hand the do offer breakfast and lunch, they even give meals for kids to take home when they know they won’t be getting any food at home. Bellevue East High School is located in the midwest and the midwest has some very bipolar weather at time. With that being said the AC unit and heating system needs to be fully fixed.