Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Belleville Henderson Central School is a public school located in Belleville, NY. It has 484 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Belleville Henderson Central School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Ag fair33%
- Basketball rivarly33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Belleville Henderson Central School
Schools like Belleville Henderson Central School
- BSackets Harbor Central School
- Sackets Harbor Central School District, NY
- 13 reviews
- CGeneral Brown Junior/Senior High School
- General Brown Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Pulaski High School
- Pulaski Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- BSouth Jefferson High School
- South Jefferson Central School District, NY
- 89 reviews
Belleville Henderson Central School Reviews
I like that Belleville Henderson has some really good teachers that really care about the students. The lockers are very spacious and the food is pretty good. I wish I could change some rules such as the dress code and some teachers, but overall my experience is okay. My biggest complaint is the small minded people. It's full of homophobia and racism that really gets to you after a while.
I used to attend South Jeff and i transferred here after some unfortunate circumstances. BHCS has changed my life. My teachers actually care about how i’m doing and it is very easy to get help when you need it. My only complaints are that they lack in safety and are somewhat redneck and many students are racist/homophobic. There was also an incident with administration preventing students in participating in a peaceful 17 minutes protest.
Our school really supports some things, like basketball and FFA, but other extracurricular activities are looked down upon and not supported. For instance many of the girls sports aren't well taken care of. My Sophomore year of high school, my softball team had to buy our own jersey's because there wasn't enough for our team. It was very frustrating because the baseball team seemed to get whatever they wanted. Volleyball was typically well cared for, but cheerleading was greatly ignored even though they were the ones to always bring home the trophies.