Bellefonte Area High School is an above average, public school located in Bellefonte, PA. It has 849 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Bellefonte Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+164 Students
- C+66 Students
- A43 Students
- B-40 Students
- C+29 Students
- B27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A+22 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Bellefonte Area High School
Bellefonte Area High School Reviews
Bellefonte Area High School is a wonderful school situated in a predominantly rural neighborhood. Although it would do the district good to help increase diversity among other standards, the teachers are all generally very well mannered and helpful to every student. The teachers all seem to care very much about their jobs and there are very few who are just there for the paycheck. Some of the most helpful and amazing mentors who will never be forgotten have come out of this school! The school has a rising AP program and a program with the local technology institute, CPI. Students are give many opportunities for field trips (even international!) and if they apply themselves, they are sure to be very successful. There is an active diversity club, the GSA, which was started by students and has since been backed up by the administration. They are generally very liberal and want to help students succeed and make it a comfortable atmosphere for everyone.
Bellefonte Area High School has a wide variety of advanced classes to choose from, and the teachers care about their students. There are multiple sports, clubs, and extracurricular activities to choose from.
Having attended the school the past few years, it is my personal opinion that the school was not as bad as some of my peers and other students have made it out to be. I believe the school itself is working hard in educating its students and providing the readiness it deserves. Many of the teachers are understanding and willing to help, so long as the students reciprocate those attributes. I had never really had an issue with the school itself, nor much of the faculty. It only really seems to be some of the students that I had attended with that were troublesome, mainly due to their apathy for learning as well as my own apathy for the other students. I am definitely glad to have graduated this year and I wish luck to all the upcoming graduating classes.