Belle Fourche High School is an above average, public school located in Belle Fourche, SD. It has 371 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Belle Fourche High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- B+61 Students
- B54 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-23 Students
- B19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Belle Fourche High School Reviews
I moved here to Belle Fourche South Dakota, more than a year ago. I was scared moving to a new school was going to be difficult for me. It was amazing. The faculty and my fellow peers have treated me with respect and made me feel at home. This has been an amazing opportunity for me and i'm glad that i took the leap of faith, moving from California to South Dakota. Belle Fourche has a great school system and community.
I enjoyed my time here. I was highly involved, was an A student, and they had classes that challenged me. Now, they are turning more towards and tech and animal science school, which is fine, but music and art needs to stay important as well. Most teachers were very positive and consistently did their best to teach their subjects and prepare us for the world beyond high school. All in all, I appreciated my time there and what it had to teach me.
The school itself is an awesome enviorment, great people, great staff and all around just amazing and positive vibes. Even though the building makes you feel like you're in an 80's movie, you still have this sense of home and interest that keeps you wanting more from the school.