Belle Chasse High School is a highly rated, public school located in Belle Chasse, LA. It has 903 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Belle Chasse High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-204 Students
- B146 Students
- B+116 Students
- B114 Students
- B+93 Students
- A+68 Students
- B66 Students
- B+52 Students
- B51 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Belle Chasse High School
- CPhoenix High School
- Plaquemines Parish Public Schools, LA
- PK, K-12
- 8 reviews
- A-Chalmette High School
- St. Bernard Parish Public Schools, LA
- 223 reviews
- B+Riverdale High School
- Jefferson Parish Public Schools, LA
- 138 reviews
- ANew Orleans Center for Creative Arts
- Public School
- New Orleans, LA
- 49 reviews
Belle Chasse High School Reviews
Belle Chasse High School is honestly the best place to send your children because of how kind and considerate the staff is. They are always making sure the students are involved with something and hold different events through out the year pertaining to what month it is. For example, for National Hispanic month they try their best to educate the student body about Hispanic culture and during Cancer awareness month they raise awareness by appealing to the student body for donations to support their peers and the local community. Overall, Belle Chasse High School is respected by not only the State of Louisiana, but by the Plaqumines Parish School Board and the Plaqumnes Parish Government!
Providing an exemplary education, Belle Chasse takes accountability on making sure that comprehension is occuring. On the other hand, the school can definitely do better at making sure that students of all kind are held to the same standards and rules. This school has a small reputation for bias going on inside of the school. Students are restricted more compared to other schools, but this is a result of the school board and not the administrators of Belle Chasse High. Nonetheless, Belle Chasse High School provides an average high school experience.
Belle Chasse high school is a great school, there are some things i would change about it but overall my experience has gotten better through my four years. I delt with bullying in my first two years but when i decided to speak out about it, the problem resolved. Students do there best to include you in activities when they see you on the side lines, i have met some meaningful people. So far i have had some great teachers that taught me valuable lessons in life, my favorite teachers are the art teachers, they are all so talented and have bright happy personalities. Our principle is always around and active in the things that happen in the school, she is very kind and greets you. The dress code is a uniform that consists of khakis and a polo shirt with the school emblem along with a belt. There are few times that the staff will be lean-ant about the dress code but its all for good reason.