Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Belgrade High School is a public school located in Belgrade, MT. It has 965 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Belgrade High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+291 Students
- B-106 Students
- B39 Students
- C+34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A33 Students
- A-30 Students
- B24 Students
- B24 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 82 responses
- Day of caring22%
- Spirit week17%
- Senior trip12%
- Sporting events11%
- Pep Band9%
- Playing in sporting events5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Belgrade High School Reviews
My first two years at the school were great and I didn't have too many issues, however my final two years have not been that great. The basketball coach was so terrible that I even quit basketball, even though I was thinking about going to college for it. She sat me and the only other returning varsity player over half the game, and we were lucky to even play a total of 8 minutes. Outside of sports and in the school life it is slightly better. I know covid is tough on everyone, however I remember all my senior friends last year getting all this pitty and help with it, yet when I asked the front office why there isn't something this year that the seniors got last year, I was told they "have better things to be doing". This honestly makes me feel like they don't care about their students or the struggles they're going through. To end on a positive note, we finally have a GSA started, and it is slowly growing which I think it is great, as it adds a place of inclusivity for everyone.
Belgrade High School has given me a great foundation for my education and preparation for life. I’ve been taught valuable lessons from many teachers and staff as well as the other students in the school. I have very little to complain about because of this, but there are some instances where I believe there could have been better management on an administrative basis. The biggest issue for many people was adjusting the attendance policy whereas you cannot, as of this year, miss more than six days of class. This is not a huge issue for myself since I rarely miss, but it’s been a large burden for many students around me whether it’s medical, a family issue, or a sick day that’s not worth going to the doctor for. Because of some current kinks in the system, I believe BHS should receive three out of five stars. I
Belgrade high school has many options to expand our education. I feel like almost all of the teachers value each of their students and care about the educational outcome. One thing that could be improved is the language classes available and a weighted GPA system. We have a lot of AP classes available and I think more people would take advantage of the opportunity if they were not worried about their GPA. On the other hand, our AP teachers do very well at preparing us for college.