Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Belfry High School is a public school located in Belfry, KY. It has 603 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Belfry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-160 Students
- B-151 Students
- B+122 Students
- C105 Students
- C+76 Students
- A-57 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Football games every Friday night50%
- Spirit section at different school events50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Belfry High School Reviews
Belfry is a very nice school, Im a senior this year and will be heading to college soon. I've had a lot of fun and learned a lot at this school. The teachers are good at teaching and if you ever have personal problems they always care about you. Most people are really open to talking and you don't ever really feel like an outsider. The administration is really helpful and the Principle is really good at what he does. They have helped me out many times and I've never felt different from everyone else. Bullying is also a really rare sight, I think I've seen one person get bullied and even then a bunch of us stepped in to tell the bully to stop, so the school has a really nice sense of community.
My past 4 years at Belfry High School have been nothing but great. The teachers are amazing, especially the science department. Not only do they have outstanding teachers, but Belfry has so much to offer. From band to student government, there is a club for everyone. Through my involvement of the numerous clubs at Belfry High School, I have established friendships among other students.
A valid point to what made Belfry High School special is the community surrounding the school. With any type of extracurricular activity or any fashion that the student’s learning success could be benefitted, the community helps allow us to ascend. Recently, our football team has won the KHSAA 3A state championship in four consecutive years (2013-2016). Our robotics team has had a very special opportunity in which they were able to meet the creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg. Also, our school has recently been enabled to offer a computer programming- coding course, through Microsoft. Our school is essentially growing the rural community’s foundation and empowering it’s student by being able to help with such opportunities, in an area that has recently been ataken by mass economic decline.