Belding High School is an above average, public school located in Belding, MI. It has 596 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Belding High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+79 Students
- A71 Students
- B69 Students
- B62 Students
- C+47 Students
- C+44 Students
- B+44 Students
- C+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Belding High School
- B-Greenville Senior High School
- Greenville Public Schools, MI
- 120 reviews
- NGFreedom Acres School
- Ionia Independent School District, MI
- ALowell Senior High School
- Lowell Area Schools, MI
- 241 reviews
- C+Central Montcalm High School
- Central Montcalm Public Schools, MI
- 91 reviews
Belding High School Reviews
Belding High School is where I feel comfortable. From the staff to the students, if you respect others you will be respected back. I consider it a safe place, as well as many others. It accommodates to almost everyone from athletics to arts to hobbies. We have many clubs that benefit the school body. I think an important quality we have is people care. Since it is a small school we are likely to know most of the people we see everyday. We are accepting of others and the environment is influenced by the upperclassmen. We started a student-led group called “Knight Support” (because our mascot was changed from Redskins to Black Knights) thag expressed our concerns with our principle and super-intendent.
Belding High is a small, tight knit school that is filled with teachers and students that are looking for successful, happy futures. Students are given as many opportunities as needed in order to personally succeed. Not only are the academics very fine tuned, the school spirit runs strong as most students are very encouraging of their fellow students as they pursue sports, or any of our multiple arts programs.
For a small town, Belding is pretty great. It may not have as many programs as a larger school in a larger area, but what it lacks in that area it makes up for with it's teaching and administrative staff. The staff at Belding High School are some of the most genuine and caring people that want the best for their students. Programs like band or drama, football or basketball, are some of the most memorable and impactful parts of the school. All in all, Belding is a place where life long memories and relationships are made.