Belding High School
- Belding, MI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Belding High School is an above average, public school located in Belding, MI. It has 595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Belding High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+102 Students
- grade A90 Students
- grade B minus88 Students
- grade B81 Students
- grade C+59 Students
- grade B+54 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
- grade C+44 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade A+40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Football games22%
- Sporting events22%
- Pep rallies4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,868 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Belding High School
- grade BGreenville Senior High School
- Greenville Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 137 reviews
- grade unavailableFreedom Acres School
- Ionia Independent School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- grade ALowell Senior High School
- Lowell Area Schools, MI
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 258 reviews
- grade C+Central Montcalm High School
- Central Montcalm Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 94 reviews
Belding High School Reviews
Rating 4.08 out of 5 115 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Belding High School is where I feel comfortable. From the staff to the students, if you respect others you will be respected back. I consider it a safe place, as well as many others. It accommodates to almost everyone from athletics to arts to hobbies. We have many clubs that benefit the school body. I think an important quality we have is people care. Since it is a small school we are likely to know most of the people we see everyday. We are accepting of others and the environment is influenced by the upperclassmen. We started a student-led group called “Knight Support” (because our mascot was changed from Redskins to Black Knights) thag expressed our concerns with our principle and super-intendent.
I love that it is a smaller community with incredible community support, small to mid class sizes and the opportunity to excel is always there. The district offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for all ages. The teachers truly want to see their students succeed.
Belding High is a small, tight knit school that is filled with teachers and students that are looking for successful, happy futures. Students are given as many opportunities as needed in order to personally succeed. Not only are the academics very fine tuned, the school spirit runs strong as most students are very encouraging of their fellow students as they pursue sports, or any of our multiple arts programs.