Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Belchertown High School is an above average, public school located in Belchertown, MA. It has 687 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Belchertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A122 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade C+46 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade C+36 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade A29 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- Spirit week32%
- Sport games21%
- Volleyball lock-in19%
- Band Concerts4%
- Spike It For Life4%
- Marching Band2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,686 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Belchertown High School
- grade BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 114 reviews
- grade B+East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 128 reviews
- grade AMinnechaug Regional High School
- Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District, MA
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade A minusTantasqua Regional High School
- Tantasqua Public Schools, MA
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 88 reviews
Belchertown High School Reviews
Rating 3.88 out of 5 189 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My time at Belchertown High School has been filled with unnecessary stress in part due to the amount of busy-work that teachers hand out, terribly planned classes, lack of communication between the student body and staff, and the general attitude of the student body. There are some amazing teachers at BHS, however, they are overshadowed by the number of subpar teachers. Many of the teachers teach according to MCAS and AP outlines which cause the material to be rush and an absurd amount of stress for students. The school lunch is terrible and I won't recommend that you bring your own if possible. The school has a small selection of clubs and classes so the odds are that you will not find an elective or club that you find interesting.
Throughout my time at Belchertown High School, I participated in the lacrosse team as a JV player positioned as attack. I participated in the Humanities club my freshman year, but slowly fell out of it to focus on my academics. I built relationships with my teachers and enjoyed conversations with them. I liked that Belchertown High School felt inclusive during the prep rallies and enjoyed the memories spent there. As a senior, I look back on my time at the high school and feel that I was apart of a community.
Overall a good school. The only real issues are that it's not very diverse, the breakfast options aren't that healthy, and that there is often something wrong with the bathrooms. During my time at this school I've never had problems with my teachers and almost all of them have done their job well (I've only had one bad teacher). The school doesn't get an insane amount of funding but even so, there are some really cool electives like robotics and even woodworking. The school culture is probably the biggest thing that stands out. There are two spirit assemblies every year and there are many different student-hosted events to go to. I would recommend this school for anyone moving to Belchertown.