Belchertown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Belchertown, MA. It has 706 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Belchertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A85 Students
- A+43 Students
- B31 Students
- C+28 Students
- B-28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B25 Students
- A+23 Students
- A23 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Belchertown High School
- BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- 95 reviews
- A-East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
- A-Minnechaug Regional High School
- Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District, MA
- 208 reviews
- ATantasqua Regional High School
- Tantasqua Public Schools, MA
- 73 reviews
Belchertown High School Reviews
Life at BHS is pretty great. Of course, it's even better when more students participate in school events! Most teachers seem to legitimately care, and some are really excellent. Moreover, administration is so invested and dedicated that it really makes my day so much better. If you're lucky enough to go to BHS, make sure you make the most of your four years. There's so much to do and get involved in. High school's a lot shorter than it feels.
I am a recent graduate of Belchertown High School, and I loved all four years of high school. I felt that I was always in a welcoming and safe environment and I had a lot of support from teachers and guidance counselors throughout the four years. Belchertown has a great guidance department that truly helped me prepare for College and understand how to apply and what to expect, especially because I am the first in my family to go to college. Belchertown also had a great athletic program with lots of variety, and additionally had a wonderful music and art program. This school has helped so many students flourish and become wonderful contributors of the community. I would recommend any one who is moving in Western Massachusetts to explore what Belchertown Public Schools have to offer.
Belchertown Highschool is a moderately large school with approximately 800 students on average across four grades, and has a very well education programs. The teachers are are made up mostly of veteran teachers with many years of teaching behind them, and when there is a new teacher added to the school, one can tell they are vetted for their job thoroughly, because very teacher at Belchertown High School is excellent at teaching their material. The only downside to Belchertown High School is that the administration likes to get involved in student to student affairs and make themselves apart of every social issue that arrises between peers.