Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Bedford North Lawrence High School is a public school located in Bedford, IN. It has 1,483 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Bedford North Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A299 Students
- B158 Students
- B151 Students
- C+148 Students
- A+139 Students
- NG102 Students
- C-86 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Bedford North Lawrence High School Reviews
I am satisfied with the courses and facilities offered by BNL, but disappointed with the teachers. There are a lot of math and science courses that are related to STEM and engineering and provide useful information, but a lot of teachers in the science department are viewed from many students and other teachers as poor and lacking. Replacement based on performance is ignored and rather determined by when the teacher will retire or quit, leaving students with poor experiences and a lack of opportunities. The administration barely does anything about it, and I hope to see this change.
I took almost exclusively Accelerated, AP, and dual-credit classes in high school. I feel that the harder the material, the more passionate the teacher. My instructors really cared to work with and around the broken system to help us achieve. The Art Department is an especially wonderful place also. The negatives are structural. The scheduling and structure are built for typical students, so those who are severely above or below average are sort of screwed over. People who need a ton of help or who want to go way above and beyond have to go out of their way to get what they need because the system seems designed to serve only mid-range students.
Bedford North Lawrence high school is a school I would recommend!! This school has an amazing art department and awesome art teachers who care deeply about you. Not only is the art department very nice, but most of the teachers are..... The English department teachers care for the students and are welcoming if you have questions. The history department is awesome as well.