Bedford High School is a public school located in Bedford, OH. It has 1,025 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Bedford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B286 Students
- B269 Students
- A+233 Students
- A-187 Students
- B-183 Students
- B158 Students
- A155 Students
- B114 Students
- A+111 Students
- C+101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Bedford High School
- C-Euclid High School
- Euclid City School District, OH
- 218 reviews
- C+Parma High School
- Parma City School District, OH
- 214 reviews
- CGarfield Heights High School
- Garfield Heights City School District, OH
- 152 reviews
- BStreetsboro High School
- Streetsboro City School District, OH
- 77 reviews
Bedford High School Reviews
My experience with Bedford High School was impressive. Despite the unusually low level of diversity, this school has plenty to offer. There are activities for parents and students to get involved in. In addition, this school has plenty of teachers and college-level classes in order to get students prepared for the next step in life. Overall, my experience with Bedford High School was a unique experience that has positively shaped my future.
Bedford High had a whirlwind of experiences. Some were self-invoked, others were completely out of my control. What I enjoyed most about Bedford High was the faculty. The staff at Bedford High are well trained and extremely patient --or try to be as patient to the best of their abilities. The student body is slightly deterring because of their behavior. If I could change anything about Bedford High, it would be the facility's central building, since it lacks air conditioning.
The school needs to put more into the instrumental music program and also the advanced students. There are several times when I am bored with the classes I take. I am in advanced placement, but other classes are not challenging enough. I would like to see new instruments for students.