Bedford High School is a top rated, public school located in Bedford, NH. It has 1,477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Bedford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-289 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+119 Students
- A97 Students
- A+89 Students
- A-89 Students
- A74 Students
- A+61 Students
- A60 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Schools like Bedford High School
- AWindham High School
- Windham School District, NH
- 131 reviews
- ABow High School
- Bow School District, NH
- 121 reviews
- AHollis-Brookline High School
- Hollis/Brookline Cooperative School District, NH
- 245 reviews
- ASouhegan Cooperative High School
- Public School
- Amherst, NH
- 134 reviews
Bedford High School Reviews
I love my teachers and the academic opportunities at Bedford! I think the rigorous course work truly tests students' abilities. I also believe that the vast selection of AP, IB, and Honors courses, and the encouragement to take them, goes a long way in helping kids reach their academic and future goals. Conversely, I think the administration has a lot to work on in the way of communicating with students and acting towards the greater goals of the community.
I really liked the pride in being a bulldog and the acceptance among most students with one another. Bullying is a pretty big issue in the school district itself but I feel like in the high school people learn to know better. I would like to see more help to the average and below average students. The emphasis at this school is only to the students who will make the school look better. Also, more guidance in what classes to choose and what to do for college. There also is a huge miscommunication as to rules and what is going on in the school between the principals, vice principals and teachers. This needs to change!
Bedford High School is very rigorous and good at preparing students for further education. Although many students complain about difficulty, this can often be solved by reaching out to teachers staff members as most are willing to help students achieve the most they can. Parents of students can be difficult to reason with. Overall, the thoroughness of the curriculum and wonderful staff make this school very good.