Bedford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bedford, NH. It has 1,492 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Bedford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-295 Students
- A+126 Students
- A+122 Students
- A97 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-91 Students
- A74 Students
- A+61 Students
- A61 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Bedford High School
- AWindham High School
- Windham School District, NH
- 135 reviews
- A-Bow High School
- Bow School District, NH
- 126 reviews
- AHollis-Brookline High School
- Hollis/Brookline Cooperative School District, NH
- 251 reviews
- ASouhegan Cooperative High School
- Public School
- Amherst, NH
- 141 reviews
Bedford High School Reviews
BHS really sets you up to succeed. It offers many AP, IB, and Honors courses that are both intriguing and challenging. The majority of teachers here are great! They are very passionate about helping their students and are approachable. The school is a little crowded now, though, which is a problem. The clubs at BHS also give students so many opportunities to explore their interests. Unfortunately, BHS is arguably less focused on STEM than many other schools nearby, but they are definitely making an effort to change this. For example, they just added 2 new computer science courses (the AP ones)!
My experience at Bedford High School has been amazing. They’ve given me the ability to have a voice. I found myself in the mist of Bedford High School because there were opportunities for me to sing in classrooms, during sport events, and even in the cafeterias during lunch. I’ve had several opportunities from people who’ve scouted me at Bedford High School for singing competitions in different cities and out of state. I met my guitarist at Bedford High School who’s actually a teacher! We met through students informing the teacher that I could sing and when we met, we musically clicked, along with other staff members supporting me, it gave me a reason to believe in myself. I couldn’t have gotten where I am today without Bedford staff making impossible things possible. As of today, I’m in the process of releasing my first album and Bedford High School welcomes me in open arms to come back and perform. Bedford High School is not only a High School but a family.
All around this is a good school, but nothing is perfect here on Earth. Any school you go to will have its pros and cons. That being said, my experience at Bedford High was great, with only a few roadblocks. I became a part time student after being full-time for the first 2 years, so I had a different experience than most of my peers, which is something to consider. I give an A+ to all of my AMAZING TEACHERS as they were the BEST part of high school! Such kind people who want the best for you and work doggone hard! I wasn't so much into the social aspects and tended to spend more time away from my peers except for a small group of friends. I didn't want to associate myself with the stereotypical "Bedford teens" and instead wanted to surround myself with those who were willing to be real and down to Earth with me. The school itself needs to be more OPEN-MINDED about what success means for each individual and should focus LESS on academic and athletic public image.