Bedford High School is a top rated, public school located in Bedford, MA. It has 888 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Bedford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A174 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+65 Students
- B+55 Students
- A46 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Bedford High School Reviews
I will be starting my fourth year at Bedford High School, and my past three years have been overall enjoyable. Besides my rigorous academics, wonderful teachers, and amazing friends at BHS, I have grown tremendously as a person in the past three years. BHS has provided me with so many leadership opportunities. Being a 2 year captain of a sports team, a peer leader, student ambassador, and so much more. It has offered me classes like anatomy and AP biology to help prepare me for my future career as well as medschool, and it gives students many opportunities to explore subject areas and interests.
The school administration allowed the students to express themselves. The clothing rules and restrictions were not strict, and students felt comfortable being themselves. However, I felt as though the teachers relied too heavily on the provided IPads. The lessons were very reliant on the use of technology and I feel as though I was not taught by the teachers, but the iPads.
The people are close knit with one another, although it is admittedly difficult for new students associated with the overseas military to fit it because of the culture difference. The freshman are loud and obnoxious, the sophomore are stuck-up and quiet or loud, no in betweens, the juniors are actually pretty nice excluding some people, and the seniors are highly intimidating. Everyone puts up an unwelcoming wall, but over time it does get easier to talk to everyone.