Bedford High School is a top rated, public school located in Bedford, MA. It has 888 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Bedford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A150 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+47 Students
- A-40 Students
- A38 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Bedford High School Reviews
The people are close knit with one another, although it is admittedly difficult for new students associated with the overseas military to fit it because of the culture difference. The freshman are loud and obnoxious, the sophomore are stuck-up and quiet or loud, no in betweens, the juniors are actually pretty nice excluding some people, and the seniors are highly intimidating. Everyone puts up an unwelcoming wall, but over time it does get easier to talk to everyone.
Overall, my experience at BHS was okay. I did not have any experiences with bullying, that being said the social environment is incredibly cliquey. Some of my teachers were great and I learned a ton, while others absolutely sucked. The math department is a complete disaster and needs to get rid of a good half of their teachers. I think the school takes themselves way more seriously than they should and create lots of unnecessary stress and pressure for students.
Overall I had a positive experience at Bedford High. I never experienced any bullying and never felt pressured to do something I didn't want to do. Academically, I think sophomore and junior year were really hard. Teachers had high expectations, yet not all seemed to have teaching worthy of these expectations. The math department specifically is a complete disaster; so many of the teachers clearly do not care if students actually learn the content or not. There have been numerous hour long parent board meetings to discuss these problems, but the department head usually denied that they exist. However, with the new principal I believe that she will help to resolve this. Unfortunately it will mostly likely be a gradual change. Our school sports a kinda weak, teams have their good years but for the most part no team is really exceptional.