Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Bedford High School is an above average, public school located in Bedford, IA. It has 228 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B28 Students
- A21 Students
- A20 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B7 Students
- B-5 Students
- C4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Bedford High School Reviews
Extracurricular sports opportunities have a high priority with a lot of parents and students. However, the music department and art department offer a lot of extracurricular opportunities as well. The speech students enjoy their activities, but do not have the same following as sports.
Our teachers are always trying to keep us engaged in the classroom lessons. When a teacher looks at our grades and sees that we are struggling, they help that student not only in class but as well as outside class. Our teachers are very approachable and friendly, but can also discipline and keep us in line when needed.
I really loved this school and felt like a part of a great community. It may not have at the best resources being such a small school but I felt very ready for college.