Beckman Catholic School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Dyersville, IA. It has 410 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. After graduation, 85% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Beckman Catholic School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- A53 Students
- A47 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-19 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Beckman Catholic School Reviews
Looking back on my years at Beckman, I see many things I over looked that were amazing. The teachers all went out of their ways, the school had a very home-like feel to it. The administration always made you feel safe in whatever seat you were in. The athletics are some of the best in the state at Class 2A. Seeming to always to be competing for team and individual state championships. While at Beckman I was involved and a contributing factor to Three State championships and two state runner-ups. The way they stress the importance of education, allows one to be ready for college with the way they do test and the way they push the students to grow within themselves. At Beckman they give the students every opportunity to find themselves. With successful sports teams, along with being one of the leading research schools in the country. Still not including our successful FFA program which deals with Agriculture.
Teachers work well with students one-on-one. We are able to celebrate our Catholic religion in a safe environment. At Beckman, not a lot of college courses are offered which is a downside to going to a private school, but there are still some courses available. Athletic teams are very successful at Beckman with skilled coaches. Beckman also offers clubs and other extracurricular activities that are very beneficial to students. AP classes are offered for students that excel. I moved from Minnesota in seventh grade and was so nervous about going into a new school in Junior High. Junior High is a time when you already feel so out of place and that's without having to start all over. Right from the beginning, everyone in my grade and the faculty welcomed me. The students, teachers, and faculty at Beckman are the people that helped me grow and develop into the person I am today. Beckman Catholic is a great place and will forever hold a special place in my heart.
My favorite thing about Beckman, being that it is a Catholic school, is getting the opportunity to attend mass every week with my peers. We pray before every class period and visit the chapel often. Also, we recently raised 7 million dollars that we used to upgrade and build new facilities. Our community is very involved in extracurricular activities and are very supportive. Our teachers are easy to work with and very helpful when needed. Almost every student is involved in one or more sports because we have very successful programs that students want to be a part of. Our alumni are great leaders and students try to take after their actions.