Beaverton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Beaverton, OR. It has 1,832 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Beaverton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-411 Students
- A-330 Students
- B294 Students
- C+187 Students
- A154 Students
- A+102 Students
- B-92 Students
- B81 Students
- A72 Students
- NG71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Beaverton High School Reviews
I have had a fairly positive experience at Beaverton High School due to the many opportunities I was given throughout my high school career. A particular aspect I really enjoyed were the various programs that were offered which allowed students to focus on a specific path geared towards their interests. Due to this, I was able to participate in a marketing program in which I earned crucial experience and college credit. I had the opportunity to plan an event with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and grant two wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. I also got to manage the student store and have several "hands-on" experiences in the marketing and management field. I also was fortunate to be apart of the buddy program. In this program I worked and built relationships with special ed and disabled students. This experience was life-changing and strongly influenced my character and future goals in ending the stigmas surrounding autism.
Since I am a senior now and I have experienced a lot in the Beaverton school district, I have grown up with the same community and peers. As I grew up and moved onto different level schools, I was placed in a middle school where there is very little diversity and diversity is something some schools in the Beaverton school district lack. There was a time in my where I didn't feel comfortable in my classes because of the few Hispanic people in my school or classes. Overall the beaverton school district has some of the most amazing teachers who want to see their students succsed and grow from the course. I am lucky to be in a school district where teachers pay attention to their students, prepare them for college and just about anything life throws at them because Beaverton school district isn't just a community but a family.
The main thing that I have learned from Beaverton High School is that your experience is what you make out of it. The teachers and resources can be some of the best as well as the worst, depending on how you choose to take advantage of them. Overall, my High School experience was 100% a positive one because of my involvement in clubs, athletics, programs, and more. I went out of my way to make friends and develop positive relationships with the staff at the school. Because of how I carried myself and took advantage of everything there, I feel prepared for college as well as what lies ahead.