Beaver Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Beaver, PA. It has 643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Beaver Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A80 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-32 Students
- B31 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-20 Students
- B16 Students
- A+16 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Beaver Area Senior High School
- APine-Richland High School
- Pine-Richland School District, PA
- 248 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 308 reviews
- B+Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 63 reviews
- BSouth Side High School
- South Side Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
Beaver Area Senior High School Reviews
I did not really like the attitude of most of the students, but it was high school so that was expected. My group of friends was great though. We loved being in the choir, show choir, and musical together. That was definitely my favorite part of high school and what I will miss the most. We also do a lot of fun things during the year like our weekly show done by the journalism club. Or when we did a lip dub. We also have a pep assembly and a huge event the day before we leave for winter break! It celebrates all of the holidays during winter.
Beaver Area High school did and does do a great job in preparing students for college. The teachers are all very knowledgeable and are willing to go above and beyond to work with students, even on an individual basis. The counselors quickly sent transcripts to colleges and good at their jobs. Each student learns about technology through the schools IPads. The only complaints I have are, first, their poor gym class. The teachers are fine, but the equipment and activities are not very exciting. Many days are spent playing hockey or walking around the track. The second complaint is with a former principal, who gave me a detention for being late after my truck broke down. Not cool.
The teachers are stellar and are willing to work with any student. The teachers (for the most part) are extremely engaging and appear to love what they do. The athletic division is strong, but not entirely overwhelming. The guidance office is extremely helpful to students in need of help, tutoring, senior projects, colleges, and graduation requirements.