Beaver Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Beaver, PA. It has 727 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Beaver Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A+55 Students
- A-41 Students
- B41 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+21 Students
- A+21 Students
- B19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Beaver Area Senior High School
- APine-Richland High School
- Pine-Richland School District, PA
- 251 reviews
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 314 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 68 reviews
- BSouth Side High School
- South Side Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
Beaver Area Senior High School Reviews
I actually moved to the Beaver area when I was a freshman in High School. The staff/student were very helpful and caring to my arrival. I enjoyed my classes and the teachers teaching them. Some students were pretty rough at first because of all the cliques. However, I soon was able to find my crowd and make friends!
I did not really like the attitude of most of the students, but it was high school so that was expected. My group of friends was great though. We loved being in the choir, show choir, and musical together. That was definitely my favorite part of high school and what I will miss the most. We also do a lot of fun things during the year like our weekly show done by the journalism club. Or when we did a lip dub. We also have a pep assembly and a huge event the day before we leave for winter break! It celebrates all of the holidays during winter.
This school is pretty well put together for the most part. We do seem to have issues with bullying and gossip and drama every now and again but what school doesn’t have that? We are fairly clean but parts of our building are older and dusty. Our heating system is a tad bit crazy at times to be honest. One day in the winter can feel like the summer and vice versa. It’s wild how often the changes in temperature are just from room to room. Our academics and clubs are pretty legit though. We have a lot of honors program but our gifted program is hard to get into. Our clubs and sports are moderately funded but of course football takes up almost all our of time and spending.