Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Beardstown Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Beardstown, IL. It has 896 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Beardstown Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B59 Students
- B58 Students
- B40 Students
- B35 Students
- B-35 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Beardstown Junior/Senior High School
- C+Rushville-Industry High School
- Schuyler-Industry Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 51 reviews
- C+Virginia Senior High School
- Virginia Community Unit School District No. 64, IL
- 48 reviews
- C-Astoria High School
- Astoria Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 9 reviews
- BTriopia Junior/Senior High School
- Triopia Community Unit School District No. 27, IL
- 5 reviews
Beardstown Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Going to BHS was both a great opportunity but also an obstacle to my goals. The staff are all nice and for the most part care about their students. The amount of diversity at this school is incredible and just makes for a one of a kinda experience. Also for being so diverse, this school has very little to no issues when it comes to racism. Students here all get along and they are very inclusive towards everyone. All of these things are great, however, BHS lacks severely in education. There aren't enough teachers to teach many of the classes offered leading to them being thought by substitute teachers or being offered as online only. Another issue is that there is a lack of variety in the classes offered with Spanish being the only other language offered. Also majority of the classes offered are not AP or dual credit. This takes away the opportunity for students to get a head start on their college education. Finally, the technology and website at BHS is inferior to other schools.
What I like most about Beardstown Jr./Sr. High School is its diversity. There are many different races here. Even though the community is mostly made up of Hispanics, Africans, and Caucasians. For the most part students here get along. There are rarely ever any problems due to racial differences. That is another reason why I like this school. For the most part this is a great school, there are also some changes that could be good. Teachers should prioritize in helping the students with their work when they ask for help. There are some teachers that will tell you to look it up online or to figure it out for yourself. This should be changed by letting administration, other than teachers, know about the problem. They should talk to the teachers to let them know what students think. My overall experience here has been decent. I don’t have much to complain about even though there could be some changes made here
I like Beardstown Junior/Senior High School because of its diversity and the openness of our school. We as a community help each other and work together to be more united. Our academics is broad and wide. There are many opportunities to help you along your educational path. Though there are many unique things about our school. There are flaws as well, for example, our staff don't have the courage to let us explore and sometimes we are immature as a school.