Bearden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 2,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Bearden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-451 Students
- A+126 Students
- B-114 Students
- B107 Students
- B102 Students
- B99 Students
- B63 Students
- B51 Students
- A+49 Students
- A48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Bearden High School Reviews
Bearden High school is what I call home; the people there are family to me. I have been given so many privileges by going to Bearden as a transfer student. Without Bearden, I wouldn't have the same opportunities that I have today such as the technology. Bearden is one of the only schools with access to laptops allowing every student the technological benefits of learning. Our musical theater and basketball team are outstanding winning numerous awards not to mention some of the other sports. One of my current involvements is the leadership program; the leadership program is mixed with the student council. Overall these programs at Bearden have given students so many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual.
My experience at Bearden High School is filled with memories both good and bad. On the forefront of the good: I have had some wonderful teachers, who instill both a passion and a reverence for their respective subjects within their students; made great friends; and have enjoyed the clique-free, welcoming, and encouraging environment. My bad experiences being—little to no help from guidance, an administration unwilling to help their students (excluding only the head principal, Dr. John Bartlett), severe overcrowding, and a nearly crippling reliance on technology in the classroom. All in all, as long as you get the classes you like and never have any medical issues warranting extra assistance from the school; Bearden is a great place for you.
I had the best four years of my life there. The principal was fantastic! He went above and beyond with anything he did with the students. Teachers were always helpful and willing to help students before school and after. The sports teams were great! I was able to maintain a very high gpa while in school at Bearden. I have also made lifelong friends at this school. I would recommend this school for everyone!