Bearden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 2,083 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Bearden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-489 Students
- A+135 Students
- C+124 Students
- B119 Students
- B113 Students
- B106 Students
- B68 Students
- B55 Students
- A54 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Bearden High School Reviews
I went to Bearden for all four years of high school. It is definitely the best school in all of Knox County. Bearden continues to add more resources for its students. For instance, there is a guidance office, technology advisor, college and career center, and a writing and learning center. All of these resources have helped me to do well in school and plan for my future. Also, Bearden has helped prepare me for college very well. I have gotten to take some actual college courses through Bearden at Pellissippi Community College. Bearden also has great athletics. I was part of the soccer team all four years and it is something you cannot find at any other school. Being a part of this team has helped my leadership, communication, and time management skills. The Bearden soccer program goes above and beyond to make everyone feel included and I consider my teammates my family. The community at Bearden is so loving and friendly to everyone. I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.
During my high school experience, we weren’t as involved or “active” as other high schools. We didn’t have pep rally’s, and fun contests, people didn’t get into the school spirit during spirit week, and during homecoming the themes aren’t fancy enough for us to dress up. One thing l love about my senior year is the student section, l can say we have one of the best student sections in knox county.
Bearden High school is what I call home; the people there are family to me. I have been given so many privileges by going to Bearden as a transfer student. Without Bearden, I wouldn't have the same opportunities that I have today such as the technology. Bearden is one of the only schools with access to laptops allowing every student the technological benefits of learning. Our musical theater and basketball team are outstanding winning numerous awards not to mention some of the other sports. One of my current involvements is the leadership program; the leadership program is mixed with the student council. Overall these programs at Bearden have given students so many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual.