Bearden High School is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,978 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Bearden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-409 Students
- A+121 Students
- C+105 Students
- B-95 Students
- B-94 Students
- B87 Students
- B57 Students
- A+45 Students
- B42 Students
- C+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Bearden High School Reviews
My experience at Bearden High School is filled with memories both good and bad. On the forefront of the good: I have had some wonderful teachers, who instill both a passion and a reverence for their respective subjects within their students; made great friends; and have enjoyed the clique-free, welcoming, and encouraging environment. My bad experiences being—little to no help from guidance, an administration unwilling to help their students (excluding only the head principal, Dr. John Bartlett), severe overcrowding, and a nearly crippling reliance on technology in the classroom. All in all, as long as you get the classes you like and never have any medical issues warranting extra assistance from the school; Bearden is a great place for you.
Bearden High School has prepared me for college. Though classes were challenging I learned a lot from some amazing teachers! Overall, a great high school that fosters creativity, curiosity and critical thinking. There isn't a particular thing I would change.
I am proud to be a student of Bearden High School. I would not want to go any where else. When people ask where I go to school I happily tell them I go to Bearden and love the school. I take pride in the school and love the teachers, environment, and tradition. I play soccer and it is like nothing else to play for this team. The class selection is great. I have taken bible history, film studies, and wildlife. The campus is in a great location and I always fell safe at school. This school is great and I am proud to be a Beaden Bulldog.