Beacon High School is an above average, public school located in Beacon, NY. It has 924 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Beacon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C80 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+61 Students
- B60 Students
- A50 Students
- A+47 Students
- B46 Students
- A-44 Students
- C40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Beacon High School
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 404 reviews
- BWallkill Senior High School
- Wallkill Central School District, NY
- 116 reviews
- A-Monroe-Woodbury High School
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, NY
- 340 reviews
- B-Highland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- 57 reviews
Beacon High School Reviews
As a school Beacon is very functional and allows for a student to flourish in the classroom . I personally love most oThe work load however can be quite challenging and it does take a toll on students. The social life is predominant within the school, yet the partying aspects and such aren't imposed on students if its not their 'thing'. It can be hard to feel included due to the very cliquey atmosphere. However there are many clubs and after school opportunities for one to find their niche.
The Beacon Highschool has prepared me for college in my writing ability, and my communication skills. I have always felt safe at The Beacon Highschool. The way the classes are taught are quite unique. The professors are passionate of their subjects, and truly want the students to understand and enjoy the material.
Beacon High school offers extensive courses and is a well rounded school that is open to what their students think. While most school tend to push information into their students minds, Beacon allows students to express themselves with debate teams and conversations in English class. Once you're in Beacon, something as simple as a piece of paper can have symbolism in it. Also Beacon provides sports that always bring great news at the end of their games.