Beachwood High School is a top rated, public school located in Beachwood, OH. It has 608 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Beachwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+131 Students
- A-81 Students
- B66 Students
- A-57 Students
- A52 Students
- A+46 Students
- B31 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Beachwood High School
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 105 reviews
- A+Solon High School
- Solon City School District, OH
- 367 reviews
- A+Shaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 300 reviews
- A+Mayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 215 reviews
Beachwood High School Reviews
When I first walked into Beachwood High school for my freshman year of high school I felt very welcome. As the year progressed the same feeling of acceptance stuck with me the entire time, but I realized something. It takes a lot of push to get the students voices to be heard. We have to push for things that we know would better our school and that needs to change. The other thing that Beachwood needs to work on is a better safety system, which they are doing better at this year, but something that really stuck out for the students is what we were told on part of the reasoning for closing open campus was that the person at the front lets in whoever looks like a student. This really frightened some students and we want a better safety system to be put in place.
As a brand new sophomore coming into Beachwood HS, I can assure that any student at this school is getting very high quality education that they need to succeed and thrive as a US citizen. Upon immediate admission, counselors, students, and teachers presented great gratitude and joy to know a new student would be joining the school and were all very well prepared to give me as much help as I needed to get on track with the rest of the students. I will say that if you are a new student transitioning from a lower quality school, you will have a tough time adjusting to their rigorous curriculum. They take a very high standard approach to learning beyond the par-of-the-course "critical thinking" and "hands on" approaches. I can absolutely understand why students and surrounding communities refer to Beachwood as the "public private school" in Cleveland Area.
My high school experience was like a roller coaster ride, there was a lot of ups and downs. The school seems to become more and more unprofessional each year and seems like they can't keep things under control. Most of the policies are unreasonable. The overall learning experience if you focus like you're supposed to, Beachwood High School helped me get to where I am today, most of the teachers are like mentors in my life and I appreciate it.