Beachwood High School is a top rated, public school located in Beachwood, OH. It has 631 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Beachwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+162 Students
- A-94 Students
- B76 Students
- A73 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+60 Students
- B38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+35 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Beachwood High School
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 108 reviews
- A+Solon High School
- Solon City School District, OH
- 392 reviews
- AShaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 306 reviews
- AMayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 222 reviews
Beachwood High School Reviews
Beachwood has a variety of classes to offer - both regular, Honors and AP. We have a phenomenal EXCEL/TECC program so there are options for everyone to find their niche. We have tons of clubs and extracurricular activities that matches just about anyone's interests from sports to plays to robotics to cultural clubs - you name it. We have small classes so you have lots of one-on-one with your teachers and the school and teachers make themselves available for anyone to come in and talk if they need extra help. You couldn't ask for a better school system and people.
BHS has great teachers, however, parents considering this school should be aware of the "Beachwood bubble." The location and small size of the school causes lots of students to become sheltered and unaware of the scale of the world, with all of its possibilities and its diversity of people. In addition, I did not feel prepared for college when I finished, as my advisors kept quitting their positions and getting replaced by new advisors throughout the years, making it so that I and other students didn't have sufficient time for our advisors to learn about us and provide us with guidance for college.
I love how well they prepare us for college- they truly show us the rigor of college through the material and courseload, and many of the teachers not only teach what is necessary, but also engage in discussions of what the real world is like, whether it be political or cultural, and teach us meaningful lessons about life in general and how there are so many things that occur beyond our awareness. The administration aims to make us realize our potential and give us the opportunity to fight for what we believe in, in that they strive to show that it doesn't take a huge group to make a difference in the world.