Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Bayport-Blue Point High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bayport, NY. It has 754 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Bayport-Blue Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus115 Students
- grade A minus79 Students
- grade C59 Students
- grade B+52 Students
- grade A+46 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade B+42 Students
- grade A+39 Students
- grade B39 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Homecoming parade19%
- School play19%
- Chamber orchestra gigs14%
- Pit orchestra rehearsals10%
- Basketball games5%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$31,423 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Bayport-Blue Point High School
- grade B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 170 reviews
- grade AMount Sinai High School
- Mount Sinai School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 130 reviews
- grade A minusWest Islip Senior High School
- West Islip Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 271 reviews
- grade BEastport-South Manor Junior/Senior High School
- Eastport-South Manor Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 238 reviews
Bayport-Blue Point High School Reviews
Rating 3.63 out of 5 100 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The classes offered at Bayport Blue Point High School are excellent for all students. Whether you want to challenge yourself with an AP class or need some help with a modified class, the option is yours. Most of the teachers are fantastic, and provide their students with a great education while forming bonds with them. BBP High School also offers many clubs, such as debate club and science Olympiad, and students can request to start their own club. The school also takes pride in its sports, with many options and a very high participation rate among students. The science and math departments offer many accelerated or modified classes to accommodate the students, and these classes are very informative. Perhaps the best department in Bayport Blue Point High School is the art and music department. There are numerous classes, orchestras, classes, AP music theory, ceramics, and many more. Several music extracurriculars are offered, including chamber orchestra, the musical, and jazz choir.
BBP is a great high school. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and wish them nothing but success. The students that go here are great classmates and people who show a lot of school spirit. The athletics are very impressive, girl’s lacrosse especially!
Bayport-Blue Point High School has a great environment for its students to succeed in. The teachers are very helpful and make great efforts to connect with their students, and they help their students with coursework in a way that is encouraging and without judgment. The students are, for the most part, exceptionally kind and accepting of people. There is a group for all teens as students, and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in any regard. There are enormous opportunities for course selection, and has several computer science, engineering, and art classes that other schools don't have. Many AP classes for those interested.