COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
As Chattanooga faced a need for COVID-19 testing, Baylor faculty Dr. Elizabeth Forrester and Dr. Dawn Richards stepped up to the challenge. In March, their on-campus lab was certified as a clinical lab to test COVID-19 samples. The ability to require rapid turnaround testing for all students and employees allows us to provide a crucial health and safety service in a time of continued uncertainty. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Baylor's mission is to foster in its students both the ability and the desire to make a positive difference in the world. Our community includes boarding students from 12 countries, 23 states, and 89 U.S. cities, who attend classes with students from 49 schools in the Chattanooga area.
Our commitment to coeducation links directly to our commitment to leadership and diversity. Learning with people from different cultures and backgrounds broadens our students' views and prepares them for the real world.
We offer a liberal arts curriculum with an emphasis on providing students a broad breadth of offerings along with opportunities to go deep into specialized areas such as Global Scholars, Civic Scholars, advanced science and engineering research, the study of multiple languages and advanced study in the arts and humanities.
Our athletic program was recently ranked #3 in the nation by MaxPreps, and our alumni network impresses -- from Pulitzer Prize winners to PGA pros.
Baylor School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus101 Students
- grade A+95 Students
- grade A+79 Students
- grade A+56 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A44 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 29 responses
- Baylor/McCallie Week27%
- Senior Trip13%
- Freshmen trip10%
- Football games and plays/musicals9%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 35 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses