Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Bayfield High School is an above average, public school located in Bayfield, CO. It has 375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Bayfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-73 Students
- A-50 Students
- C+45 Students
- A-43 Students
- B34 Students
- B31 Students
- B29 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Bayfield High School
Bayfield High School Reviews
Bayfield High is an amazing school with endless opportunities of sports, academics, clubs, activities and tons of extracurricular. The BHS staff works together to ensure their students are being pushed to be the best version of them that they can be. They want success for all students enrolled in their classes and also success for aspects not involving school. The environment is positive and friendly as students are nice to each other and friends with more than just one specific group. At BHS there is not much stereotypical groups. With only a little over 400 students, there is diversity in a unique and friendly way. The size of BHS is small and allows for a more involved community and close. Bayfield High is one of the best high schools in Southern Colorado.
Bayfield High School, as school with a really big heart, at this school I have never been bullied and there is barely any they do a great job at keep everyone close and together. The teachers all really do care as well they take time out of their free time for us student who are struggling and make sure everyone feel like they belong. One thing that puts a dampener is the fact that is so small and there is not much to do around the area to enhance the learning experience. Though this is true it really is a good school and I highly suggest it if anyone is struggling because I bet they could get you through it. Even if it's an emotional turmoil or a block in understanding a subject this school does great things.
Due to the school's small size, it is incredibly easy to get to know the teachers, students in other grades, and most importantly, get involved. The coaches are very understanding that some students wish to do multiple sports, so they are willing to work with you if your seasons overlap. The school offers a variety of clubs so it is easy to get involved.