Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Bay High School is a top rated, public school located in Bay Village, OH. It has 813 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Bay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+170 Students
- grade A minus119 Students
- grade A minus112 Students
- grade A minus97 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade A68 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade B+36 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Football games and Prom70%
- The dances.20%
- The Plays10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,227 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Bay High School
- grade AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 225 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 240 reviews
- grade AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 186 reviews
- grade AAvon High School
- Avon Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 244 reviews
Bay High School Reviews
Rating 3.81 out of 5 99 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Bay High School is located in Ohio, right on Lake Erie! My overall experience in the Bay Village Schools has been great! They really care about their students and there for them every step of the way. They do a great job for students on IEPs. They make sure the student understands their goals and help them meet their goals set and they include the parents and make sure they are on the same page. The student body is small but the perfect size; everyone is friendly. The sports teams are good, we go to states every year for at least three sports. The teachers and staff are always working to make sure all students are set up for success! Nothing but positive things to say about Bay High School! Go Rockets!
Bay High is a warm and welcoming school where parents and teachers care equally about students. The standards are high, but the supports are in place to help make every student successful. Although there is very little diversity at the school, the administration makes every effort to ensure success for every student. Parents are very involved and involvement in student sports and activities is highly encouraged!
Most of my teachers have been absolutely amazing. I'm a senior, and all of my teachers, past and current, have been so helpful and super excited about getting me into my top colleges. There's many different tracks that a student can take that are structured to meet their individual needs and interests. Plus, the sports, clubs, and arts programs are top-notch. However, the school culture is absolutely insufferable. Most of these kids grow up pretty wealthy and the standard of living is a huge house, a white Jeep, and a vacation house in Florida. And it gets annoying fast. But overall, my time here has given me an opportunity to explore my interests and find my people. It's not like these have been the best four years ever, but Bay is definitely better than a lot of the surrounding schools. There's definitely a closer-knit community, which is cool if you're into that. And football games are always really fun. It's a stereotypical upper-middle class small town high school experience.