Bay High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bay Village, OH. It has 837 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Bay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+128 Students
- A-94 Students
- A-91 Students
- A72 Students
- B69 Students
- B48 Students
- A48 Students
- A+41 Students
- B34 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Bay High School
- AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- 206 reviews
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 206 reviews
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 162 reviews
- AAvon High School
- Avon Local School District, OH
- 220 reviews
Bay High School Reviews
What I loved about Bay High School was the sense of camaraderie and togetherness that you could have with anyone at the school, whether it be a close friend or someone you just met. The academics were stellar, mostly because of the teachers doing an amazing job at teaching their respective subjects to the students. Renovations were constantly being made from my freshman year to the day I graduated, so you know the city cares about it's school system.
Bay High School provides a comprehensive high school experience to a variety of types of people. The Bay Village School System prides itself on its academic achievements and opportunities. Bay High School offers a rigorous curriculum to those students who are up for the challenge. While it is encouraged to create a balanced schedule, one may elect to take a wealth of AP and Honors classes. While not all teachers are up to par, the majority of the teaching staff is knowledgeable and sincere in their work. The administrative staff is reliable and approachable. Bay High School has a wide array of extracurricular clubs and activities to include students from every walk of life. At Bay High School, your experience is what you make of it; if you take advantage of its many opportunities and involve yourself in the school community, you will make great memories.
Overall I enjoyed Bay High. I thought most of the teachers were great and the classes were enjoyable. They offer a wide variety of clubs and sports to be involved in. The only thing I disliked, was how a few of my teacher could be lazy and a little too lenient with our class. At times I felt like my education was being compromised for the teachers convenience. Most teachers were great, but some not so much.