Bay City Western High School is an above average, public, alternative school located in Auburn, MI. It has 1,256 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Bay City Western High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B205 Students
- B-156 Students
- A145 Students
- B127 Students
- A+92 Students
- B82 Students
- B+68 Students
- B+65 Students
- A42 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Bay City Western High School
- BBay City Central High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 191 reviews
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 131 reviews
- C+Garber High School
- Essexville-Hampton Public Schools, MI
- 113 reviews
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 101 reviews
Bay City Western High School Reviews
I loved the teachers at Western. They were always good at teaching the required material. They did their best to help me understand the topics that I had trouble with. The teachers were very concerned with student grades and strived to help the students to succeed. Additionally, the staff at the school liked to make things fun for the students by having "pep rallies" and being interactive with sports and other events of interest of the students. A couple of things that could be improved are school security and discipline guidelines. The security of the school could definitely be improved with all of the recent shootings that have occurred in Michigan and the rest of the country. Also, the school's discipline guidelines and methods do not teach students the correct way to act and behave. I think that they need to have stricter rules. Overall, though, Western is a great school and I definitely miss being there.
Bay City Western High School is a really nice school. The teachers and the staff are welcoming and friendly and they all make sure everyone has a good day. If a teacher or a student sees a kid having a hard day they try to make there day better and help them the best that they can. The school could have better funding for sports team for so much money isn't all coming out of pockets for students and parents. Western has a lot of extra activities that students can be involved with. There is so many sports, clubs, volunteering activities you can do. The school makes sure there is always something for someone to be able to do and they are always willing to add new clubs to get a better outcome.
During the beginning of my journey through high school I looked at my school as lame and strict. As the years passed by and I have visited other high schools in the area such as Central high (for reasons such as sports), I came to appreciate what a truly amazing school Western High really is, the administration and faculty are extremely welcoming and friendly, always greeting you with a smile and "Hello" or a "Good morning", the teachers there want you to succeed and will work until you have, even if that means calling your parents when necessary! Highly recommend !!