Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Bay City Central High School is an above average, public school located in Bay City, MI. It has 1,064 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 1% in reading.
Bay City Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-196 Students
- B186 Students
- B159 Students
- A124 Students
- B84 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+72 Students
- B+65 Students
- B+56 Students
- B-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Bay City Central High School
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 218 reviews
- B-Carrollton High School
- Carrollton Public Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Saginaw Township Community Schools, MI
- 264 reviews
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 107 reviews
Bay City Central High School Reviews
I absolutely loved going to Bay City Central for high school. There was so many different extra curricular activities to choose from. I cheered at Central all 4 years of high school and it was the best experience I could have asked for. I was able to meet a great group of girls that I got to practice with everyday and become best friends. The coaches were phenomenal and only wanted what was best for my team and I. I was challenged each and every day, not only with schoolwork but with sports, which made me hold myself accountable. I also loved that there was so many different classes to choose from, besides those that were required. For example, mural design, wood shop, painting, welding, car care, web design, etc. It made going to school more enjoyable and something to look forward to. The best part of high school at Central was Friday night football games. Not only did I get to watch each game, but also cheer the team on in front of the crowds. It’s a memory I’ll never forget.
No recycling bins, or regular bathroom cleanings. Staff vary from friendly to difficult to tolerate, but not hate. Some try to know you as a person. SOme just see you as a student earning a grade. LOTS of extracurriculars and fun classes. COunselors could be a bit better, both at guidance and counseling. PLENTY of student diversity(races, sexualities, religions, etc). Food is free-SO STOP WASTING IT PPL!!!!!!!! Vending machines and Popcorn Friday is a plus. LOTS of PDA. Overall, the school's a'ight.
Bay City Central or BCC was an amazing school with a lot of opportunities for advancement for leadership. There are many clubs, sports, and ways to get involved in the school culture. The students are friendly and the teachers are very understanding and compassionate. I was very involved in the sports at Bay City Central; I ran cross country, played basketball, and ran track and field. Participating in these sports created a sense of confidence in myself and I am very grateful for the chance to participate in them. I love my old high school Bay City Central.