Battle Creek Central High School is a public school located in Battle Creek, MI. It has 1,055 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Battle Creek Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+155 Students
- A126 Students
- B-97 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+80 Students
- B-64 Students
- B58 Students
- B+56 Students
- B46 Students
- B32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Battle Creek Central High School
- B+Comstock High School
- Comstock Public Schools, MI
- 68 reviews
- B-Pennfield Senior High School
- Pennfield Schools, MI
- 99 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District, MI
- 167 reviews
- CBellevue Junior/Senior High School
- Bellevue Community Schools, MI
- 48 reviews
Battle Creek Central High School Reviews
As an alumni, I feel as though times have changed. When I went to BCCHS, school was fun. We weren't called "Pride of the State" for no reason. We excelled in everything we did. I was in dance, marching band were I served 2 years as a Drum Major, I played volleyball, softball and soccer.! I also won homecoming queen my senior year. Although people down BCC, I graduated with a great 4 year experience.
I personally had a great time at Battle Creek Central. I was one of the smarter kids there so I needed to take a lot of higher level classes. And it was nice that they offered a lot of different higher level classes. I also duel enrolled my senior year which was nice because the school paid for everything, I just had to pass my class. Battle Creek Central gets a bad rap but I honestly loved my time there. I would have not wanted to go anywhere else in the area.
I graduated from this school and I am proud of Bearcat. The teachers are really kind and helpful. I was an immigrant from Myanmar, also known as Burma but I am a citizen of the USA, now. I was not really good at English when I was in high school and I have really struggled when its come with English but the teachers from Central High helped me so much. Whenever I had homework that I did not know, then I will just ask my English teacher to help me and she will stay after school with me to do my homework. She never complained for staying late. Also, whenever I had a hard time with my class I will go my counselor and she will encourage me and help me enroll after school, which helped me so much to get done my assignments and even made new friends. I had many good memories while I was in high school and it will always be stay in my heart as a good school. One thing that I would like to see change is all students should require to wear their ID. I think wearing ID is professional.