Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Battle Creek Central High School is a public school located in Battle Creek, MI. It has 1,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Battle Creek Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+202 Students
- A167 Students
- B-119 Students
- A+119 Students
- B+118 Students
- B88 Students
- B-86 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-78 Students
- B48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Battle Creek Central High School
- BComstock High School
- Comstock Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
- B-Pennfield Senior High School
- Pennfield Schools, MI
- 112 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District, MI
- 176 reviews
- C+Bellevue Junior/Senior High School
- Bellevue Community Schools, MI
- 48 reviews
Battle Creek Central High School Reviews
As an alumni, I feel as though times have changed. When I went to BCCHS, school was fun. We weren't called "Pride of the State" for no reason. We excelled in everything we did. I was in dance, marching band were I served 2 years as a Drum Major, I played volleyball, softball and soccer.! I also won homecoming queen my senior year. Although people down BCC, I graduated with a great 4 year experience.
Battle Creek Central Highschool is a pretty average school. It isn’t great but not bad either. The teachers there are great and really fun to be around but the school itself doesn’t prepare you very well for college. In the future I would like them to build up their curriculum which they have started with career oriented programs and focusing on preparing students for possible careers. It is a good school with lots of personality and room to grow.
I really love that the teachers at Battle Creek Central are devoted to making sure their students are successful, and they are always there for students who are backed up, or struggling.