Battle Creek Central High School is a public school located in Battle Creek, MI. It has 1,119 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Battle Creek Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+127 Students
- A+105 Students
- B-87 Students
- A+71 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+44 Students
- B34 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Battle Creek Central High School
- BComstock High School
- Comstock Public Schools, MI
- 66 reviews
- B-Pennfield Senior High School
- Pennfield Schools, MI
- 95 reviews
- A-Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District (Calhoun), MI
- 153 reviews
- C+Bellevue Junior/Senior High School
- Bellevue Community Schools, MI
- 47 reviews
Battle Creek Central High School Reviews
The things I like about Central are the diversity of the student body, how proud people are to say they're Bearcats, and some of the teachers. Some things that could change are the diversity of the staff, student involvement, and of course, the food!
My experience at Battle Creek Central was not the best. My 9th grade year, all I observed in the hallways were fights, and riots. This was my first year of high school and they installed metal detectors because people were threatening the school. But over time when I reached the 11th grade, things began to get better that the school. I would like to see the school change some things such as their food selections, and their security. Its great to have police officers in the schools, however their "bearcat watchers" become friends with the students instead of enforcing rules.
I came from a predominantly white school and felt like a Complete outsider there except for my very few friends who also didn't feel like they belonged. So when i moved to Battle Creek Central a predominantly black student population i was a little frightened, but everyone was friendly towards me. I easily fit in with all there rambunctious activities and energies. It helped me see that there is nothing that is different about them besides their skin color and that is totally a normal thing to see first is skin color but you have to look deeper than skin to see the truth and fun that lays underneath.