Battle Creek Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+108 Students
- A+95 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+56 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+38 Students
- B29 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Battle Creek Central High School
- BComstock High School
- Comstock Public Schools, MI
- 65 reviews
- B-Pennfield Senior High School
- Pennfield Schools, MI
- 92 reviews
- A-Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District (Calhoun), MI
- 146 reviews
- C+Bellevue Junior/Senior High School
- Bellevue Community Schools, MI
- 46 reviews
Battle Creek Central High School Reviews
The things I like about Central are the diversity of the student body, how proud people are to say they're Bearcats, and some of the teachers. Some things that could change are the diversity of the staff, student involvement, and of course, the food!
The school is very diverse, Burmese, Mexican, Puerto Rican, African American, Caucasian. All in little Battle Creek Michigan. Its my favorite part of the school. As well as the dedicated teachers who are there to help students learn instead of being there for a paycheck. One great yet disgusting thing is our free/reduced lunch program. Our students don't need to pay for lunch, or breakfast, which is great for those who are struggling with money. The problem is that the food doesn't taste very good. The school has been struggling with test scores, and graduation rates in the past but in the past 4 years the rates have increased drastically. Thanks to the hard work of the teachers and staff.
My experience in Battle Creek Central was a great one. Mostly everyone knows each other in their grade. There are many extra curricular activities at the school that can help you get involved in the school. There isn't much hate at the school that involves politics or sexual orientation, etc. Many parents are involved in their children sports. I was in band, so it helped me keep my grades up and played a variety of music for the community and for other schools during marching season.