Bastrop High School is a public school located in Bastrop, TX. It has 1,329 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Bastrop High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+162 Students
- A+148 Students
- A+127 Students
- B-63 Students
- A57 Students
- B+55 Students
- B51 Students
- A-46 Students
- B41 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Bastrop High School Reviews
Its an overall good school, but they vocus too much on athletes and not the fine arts. Robotics has made it to worlds and still gets no funding, The Thespians all made it to nationals but doesnt have enough money to go compete, the Advanced Art class is painting murals for the school and doesn't have enough money for good paint, etc. The school needs to learn on budgeting properly and not spending it on just the athletes and things we do not need. For example, the projectors in the classrooms were not working properly, so the school decided to spend alot of money on flatscreen TVs for every single classroom (even if the teachers dont need it) and they didnt even train the teachers on how to use it. What is even worse is, instead of spending that money to fix the AC units and bathrooms, they used it on TVs, which we could've lived without.
They teacher's often make it feel like they're not happy teaching at Bastrop. Because of their attitude, students aren't as motivated to learn. The atmosphere of the school is rather depressing. There aren't much student involvement activities going on around the school. The safety procedure are slightly flawed. The school overall settles for mediocre.
The school is very laid back and has a pretty diverse selection of students and staff. Most of the teachers are good about teaching to the test and giving real life examples for where these subjects could be used. Some teachers only use worksheets and tests they find online and don’t teach at all they just hand you papers. However some teachers are very good at coming up with their own lessons and worksheets. The school itself needs to be upgraded as it is a very old building and they are running out of space to put students.