Bastrop High School is a public school located in Bastrop, LA. It has 846 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Bastrop High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B146 Students
- B+114 Students
- C+104 Students
- A-94 Students
- B+93 Students
- C+90 Students
- B53 Students
- B48 Students
- B+47 Students
- B47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Bastrop High School Reviews
When I went to Bastrop High, I liked the academics. I feel there was a strong push towards academics and a strong learning environment. I took mostly honors classes. I liked the challenge of the classes and the teachers. On the other hand, there was also a strong athletic program, with our football team doing very well and growing stronger, as well as girl's sports too. I happened to run cross country and track for the school and loved every minute of it.
During my four years of attending Bastrop High School, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed my classes. I have enrolled in all Honors classes as well as Dual Enrollment classes to help me prepare for college. When I graduate in May, I will have completed enough college credit classes to start as a Sophomore!
As an alum looking back, there were teachers who cared about their students and prepared us for life after high school. However as a whole there was not much motivation for everyone to do their best; the focus was more on sports than academics. Funds and resources were limited. There is a lot of potential that comes in and out of those doors. All they need is attention, focus, funds, and positivity. Extracurriculars were great places to bloom and become leaders and form bonds and connections with people who may not be on the same academic level but share similar interests. There was a great JROTC program that really helped prepare students for post-graduation such as college, working, military, etc . Overall there is a lot of work that needs to happen but BHS could be great; it has the students, the teachers, and the capability.