Basis Prescott Reviews

What drew me to this school was the academics; they have such a wide variety of classes and the teachers truly want the students to succeed. One of the biggest things that people complain about is the lack of sports, but in reality we have the top mountain-biking team in the state, and we also have strong volleyball, golf, and basketball teams in addition to more unique sports like quidditch and disc golf.
BASIS is a good school because it pushes its students and puts them at a higher level. However, it pushes them too far. When I was a student there, I had no time for anything other than homework. As a middle school student, I had hours of homework every night. Looking back, I wish I had gone to a school that gave me more time to enjoy my childhood instead of just focusing on homework 24/7. The teachers are nice and know what they are doing, but students are taking so many classes that their attention is diverted and they can't focus on any one class. I used to hate being sick because missing one day of school meant that I would spend my entire weekend doing homework. If you want your kids to be completely focused on academics, BASIS is great. But if you want more than just education from a school, go somewhere else.
The education at Basis is like no other. Because the curriculum is so advanced, I actually feel challenged and as if I am learning. The staff here is also amazing. They are willing to go out of their way to make sure a student gets the help that they need which is what every teacher should strive to be. The only bad thing about Basis is that the campus is small, so all the grades have to fight each other in the hallways to get to class.
Start Your Review of Basis Prescott
I have had my kids enrolled at Basis Prescott since it opened. It has been a Godsend to Prescott as the public school system here is terrible. The teachers know how to teach their content, there are consistent after school times for extra help, the staff responds to emails and issues quickly. My oldest son graduated last year and walked into a $10,000/year scholarship at a private university just because he graduated from a Basis school. My kids are not geniuses, but have been provided with an outstanding education at Basis Prescott and have really soared to their maximum potential
I'm one of the few LGBT+ youth in a highly conservative grade. My peers never say anything to my face, but if something need be said, it's behind my back. My significant other has been mad fun of because I am LGBT. Over time, the majority of my peers have gotten closer to me, and see me more than a label. Prescott is a "red" city. There's one black male in my grade of 31 people. Needless to say, there's a lack of diversity; there's 10 females in my grade. The teachers, the help they provide, and the friends I've made over the years all make it worth it. Having depression myself, I can say BASIS is most certainly not for everyone. It's essential to reach out and ask for help- this has helped me mature emotionally.
I've been here since my freshman year and have thought about transferring out several times. The workload is often a lot, however many of the teachers are wiling to work with you when it comes to due dates and flexibility with them. I've had a handful teachers that I have not been happy with, and often times even with a genera consensus, the school fails to remove them. Also being an athletic person, BASIS has limited options for sports and oftentimes the sports a poorly put together and lack any organization. Despite these, BASIS has truly prepared me very well for college, better than many of my peers at other local high schools. I've been accepted to every college I have applied to so far and have received the top scholarship everywhere.
BASIS Prescott is one of many BASIS Charter Schools. BASIS Prescott has a reputation in the community for being too rigorous and academic focused, but for many students such as myself who thrive in this type of environment, BASIS is a perfect fit. Being a charter school, BASIS is different from public schools in many aspects. Before BASIS Prescott opened and I attended public school, my love of learning was never encouraged, but instead suppressed. Public government controlled schools wish to pretend that each student is the same. If you excel in your academics, you are held back by the low level standard classes that the school requires you to take. Public schools wish to hand out awards to each and every student who participated, but neglect to prepare students for the real world which is much more harsh and full of obstacles. BASIS Prescott does the opposite. BASIS encourages a love of learning in a way I had never seen beforehand.
BASIS Prescott has a very rigorous curriculum. This curriculum is an excellent tool in preparing for that of college, and the mostly fantastic teachers facilitate learning very well. The same can be said for the administration. However, it is indeed a very stressful school and does not allow as much time for the development of extracurriculars as do its substitutes.
The education at BASIS is extremely good. All the teachers are highly educated and always take time to break own complex concepts. BASIS is a tight community where it is easy to get involved.
I like the academics here, being able to take honors and advanced placement tests. However, there is not a good sports program.
Kinda smelly lately,
But I gotta admit is diverse .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I love going to BASIS Prescott because of the close knit community. I know that I can ask my teachers anything and that the administration truly cares about all of the students.
I love the focus on academics and college readiness at Basis Prescott, however I do not enjoy the lack of specific carrier orientated curriculum. Basis Prescott is more generallized as you do take a lot of AP classes, yet sadley they are not necissarily orientated toward the carrier path one has in mind.
I recently graduated and because of the rigor in the courses, I was accepted into eight colleges, including a few top-tier schools (with scholarships). Its hard, but worth it.
I had a great high school experience here. I was able to create strong, dependable relationships with my fellow peers and my teachers.
It's been a wonderful three years of new experiences and making friends. I was part of the first graduating class, and BASIS Prescott taught me about hard work and determination.