Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
BASIS Oro Valley is a top rated, public, charter school located in Oro Valley, AZ. It has 595 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-110 Students
- A92 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+28 Students
- B26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+21 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
BASIS Oro Valley Reviews
BASIS is a small tight-knit community which is something I really appreciate it! Everybody knows everybody else. BASIS OV also provides its students with amazing resources, for instance different volunteering opportunities, scholarships, competitions etc.
BASIS Oro Valley is a rigorous college prep school. Students, upon reaching high school, are required to take AP classes and students in middle school take advanced courses. This school is rigorous and STEM-focused. Visual arts and music, while offered at this school, aren't held in high regard as much as STEM-based studies. The student body, facilities, and staff are relatively small. This allows students to easily reach out for help from faculty members. Overall, teachers and staff are very attentive to individual student's needs, and will do whatever they can to help their students succeed and prepare for college. One thing that I'd like to point out, however, is the academic rigor and advanced academic curriculum. Courses are designed to be highly advanced, and even college-level. This may shut down the self esteem of students who are unable to keep up to such demands, and many students fall into anxiety, depression, or immense stress. Otherwise, great school. :)
It is a very challenging school that was initially difficult to begin with. Taking multiple advance placement (AP) classes seems "over the top," but I learned that it worth pursuing the challenge. Because of the many honors and AP classes and opportunities, many students, including I, are able to expand our knowledge and realize our passions along the way. It personally taught me that chemistry is what I want to do, and pre-medicine is my dream. What is your dream? Not only is it a prestigious school, but it's also small; that only gives everyone a strong bond as we all know each other well. Everybody is friends with one another and the environment is filled with compassion and determination. Student-teacher relationships are no less than parent-child as they are the ones who are watching us grow and teaching us day by day.