COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is currently closed to protect public health in our city. Please contact our Admissions team for more information. Applications for the 2021-22 school year open on August 1. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
We are now accepting applications for fall 2021 for grades 5-9. We invite you to join the Bobcat Community!
At BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, a grades 5-12 private school, students and subject expert teachers engage in a spiraling liberal arts and sciences curriculum benchmarked to the best education systems in the world. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self reliance and accountability in an environment where learning is encouraged and celebrated.
Outside of our classrooms, students can select from over 65 club, athletic, and competitive offerings.
Our seniors are accepted and prepared to excel in the world's top colleges and universities including Stanford, MIT, Harvard, UC Berkeley, UCLA, University of Chicago, Oxford, and many more.
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+96 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+82 Students
- A67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+41 Students
- A40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Reviews
Academics/Teachers/Resource: MWAH! The teachers are all qualified and passionate about their respective subjects (many also have PhD's). There are many resources within the school that assist students' academic performance if they wish, such as the peer tutoring program, office hours, or simply having a classmate help you out.
Clubs: A surprisingly wide variety of clubs. The largest (and arguably best) clubs consist of Speech & Debate, Mock Trial, and DECA.
Sports: PE only offers the mainstream sports, such as soccer, basketball, and football.
Diversity: Nonexistent. All Asians.
Food: Most of the students hate it.
School Culture: Many of the students are talented and smart, but many of them at the same time are also conceited and condescending, which degrades the school environment by a considerable amount.