Final Open House!
Sat, Jan 26 | 10 AM - 12PM
Welcome! BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, a grades 5-12 private school in San Jose, provides students a nationally ranked curriculum that raises the standard of learning to the highest international levels. We prove that with the right support and encouragement, all students can achieve academic excellence. How? We set the bar high and help students develop the confidence to clear it. Our advanced liberal arts and sciences curriculum, paired with our Subject Expert Teachers, helps students achieve whatever they put their hearts and minds to. It’s challenging, it’s rewarding, and it’s inspiring.
Students can select from over 65 club and athletic offerings. Our seniors are accepted to the world's top colleges and universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, USC, Princeton, The London School of Economics and more.
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+50 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+31 Students
- A30 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+21 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Reviews
Academics/Teachers/Resource: MWAH! The teachers are all qualified and passionate about their respective subjects (many also have PhD's). There are many resources within the school that assist students' academic performance if they wish, such as the peer tutoring program, office hours, or simply having a classmate help you out.
Clubs: A surprisingly wide variety of clubs. The largest (and arguably best) clubs consist of Speech & Debate, Mock Trial, and DECA.
Sports: PE only offers the mainstream sports, such as soccer, basketball, and football.
Diversity: Nonexistent. All Asians.
Food: Most of the students hate it.
School Culture: Many of the students are talented and smart, but many of them at the same time are also conceited and condescending, which degrades the school environment by a considerable amount.